Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Having fabulous FPS results and visual alacrity with DSR mode in 359.06 nVidia driver suite!

I just started this morning re-using the DSR feature at 2x.0 times my native resolution at a 33 percent smoothing factor.

In all my sims...fabulous visual results!

I have no nVidia Inspector profile (deleted) for P3D v2.4, and keeping at DSR 2x/33 smoothness settings, a constant FPS-snug against the limited 33 FPS threshold.  

I am running an intense FSX-boxed nVidia Inspector profile for both FSX boxed, and FS9, with equal fabulous visuals and FPS performance

For XPX.45b1, as it is OpenGL...I always delete the nVidia Inspector profile...for it is redundant.

In all my sims...the DSR mode is superb, using nVidia 359.06

Post Edit:  Also thought to mention that I attempted to attach two visuals for FSX Boxed, to demonstrate..but they are so huge 2715x 1697 res...that I had to keep diminishing the size around three times...and was still past the upload service's size limits...

Also, a tip...if you have a system, whereby you can raise your fan cage speeds...do so....by at least 30-50 percent while in flight session. That will do much to lower your GPU and CPU temps, as to not suffer throttle back of  performance, or the dreaded drop out to a black screen, with only sound still available.  I do this all the time with my Dell app for this purpose. After my flight sessions, I merely drop back to auto-fan default.

Thought to mention....

Cheers,

Mitch

Mitch,

I agree that DSR is fantastic, however, may I suggest bumping down your smoothing to between 27-29%. I get a much clearer picture at those settings using either 2x or 3x DSR.

Give it a try!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Mitch,

I agree that DSR is fantastic, however, may I suggest bumping down your smoothing to between 27-29%. I get a much clearer picture at those settings using either 2x or 3x DSR.

Give it a try!

Thanks for that Pmanhart!  I'll try that.  I was away from DSR for quite a while...but now...with running under the mentioned driver package...WOW...and WOW!

FSX Boxed: 2 pics Near Friday Harbor (ORBX)

dsr1.png

dsr2.png

P3D v2.4
Airport: Veronica 05S (ORBX)

setup1.png

setup5.png

setup6.png

setup7.png

FS9:

fs9dsr.png

fs9dsr2.png

Happy DSR Camper

Mitch, if you're liking dsr, you should try stepping into a native 4K display. WOW!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Mitch, if you're liking dsr, you should try stepping into a native 4K display. WOW!

Yes, I've been reading that they are quite good as a computer monitor, with a viewing distance of 24-36 inches..which is just in the proper range for full 4K effect.  I'll probably get one when my present monitor bites the big one.  That and a Pascal...and I imagine that I will be all set for another 5-10 years, Odourboy! 

Cheers,

Mitch

This is the 1st time I'm hearing about this DSR thing.  I saw it today in my Nvidia driver settings today, but I'm confused as to how to use it.  Do you just pick one of the resolutions, and then change it in FSX?  What's the proper procedure for using DSR?

Stan

This is the 1st time I'm hearing about this DSR thing.  I saw it today in my Nvidia driver settings today, but I'm confused as to how to use it.  Do you just pick one of the resolutions, and then change it in FSX?  What's the proper procedure for using DSR?

Stan

Yes...Stan...set up whatever DSR oversample resolutions suits you...for instance I have 1.5 and 2.0.  Then...when you fire up any of your flight sims...and go to your sim reso setting page, you will now have those two new reso settings for you to deply. For myself, DSR 2.0 translates to 2715x1697 pixels.  I use this reso setting in all my flight sims, including even XPX.  If you have a good card, you won't even see one fps drop in performance!!!  What you will see, is a beautifully rendered scene in any of them.  Happy hunting!

Stan, just to make a point...you can pick as many on that list to show up in your sims as you want...it is NOT restricted to just one setting, to choose from.  Also, don't change your native desktop, unless you actually want to make more desktop real estate.  Some think you also have to change your desktop, which is incorrect.

Mitch

Some think you also have to change your desktop, which is incorrect.

Exactly as Mitch has stated - the DSR only takes place in sim

Rich Sennett

I'll definitely have to try it on my Radeon cards, which alsomadded that feature a while back. Hope to get good results...

Not sure about the Radeon cards, but make sure to recognize that you have the ability to adjust "sharpening" or "smoothness", meaning the amount of blur induced by the super-sampling.

I use 27 or 29 depending on the level of DSR (2x or 3x, respectively), but have seen some people using as low as 21 or as high as 35. I think it all depends on the original resolution of the image, size of the monitor (pixel density) and personal taste. :wink:

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I think Raven9000 means VSR tech from AMD...

Virtual Super Resolution, a technology that's very much like Nvidia's Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR).

Exactly as Mitch has stated - the DSR only takes place in sim

Unless you are in Windowed mode of course....

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Unless you are in Windowed mode of course....

gb.

Dont use it - spoils the being there feeling  :wink:

Rich Sennett