Sign in to follow this  
tjeuten

ASN integration no longer working since new installers

Hi,

before I re-installed the T7 with the new installers released recently, my ASN weather auto-integration and uplink was working without any issues.

However, since the new installers, this does no longer work.

I've checked and redouble checked my settings according to this guideline post and they are set accordingly: http://www.avsim.com/topic/447135-brief-workflow-tutorial-pmdg-777-sp1-company-datalink-function-with-pfpx-active-sky-next-asn/

The problem is that when loading a route (.rte) into the T7 FMC, it doesn't seem to load the flight plan into FSX memory, nor does it create a WX.PLN file in the "Flight Simulator X Files" folders. So ASN is not loading the flightplan into it's memory either...

Anyone else having this issue ? Is it maybe a small bug that was introduced with the new installers ?

I'm using:

FSX SE

Active Sky Next

PFPX for the flight planning and .rte file generation.

ps: upgraded today to ASN SP4, but that didn't change anything. It stopped working right after using the new PMDG installers so I don't think ASN is to blame...

Thanks.

Mathieu

Mathieu Souphy

when you exported the flight plan from pfpx did you export it to the wx folder as well?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

did you double-check that those options are still enabled? i think they default to off so maybe reinstalling reset them.

on the 777 its pmdg setup->options->simulations->page 7

and in ASN its general settings->auto load plan

cheers

andy crosby

Good pick up , but  for  me  when I updated  to the latest version none  of  my asn  settings  had  changed  from the previous

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

when you exported the flight plan from pfpx did you export it to the wx folder as well?

Never had to do this in the past, as ASN is supposed to pick up the flight plan once activated in the FMC, and then create the file in the WX folder itself. It always worked for me like that in the past.

did you double-check that those options are still enabled? i think they default to off so maybe reinstalling reset them.

on the 777 its pmdg setup->options->simulations->page 7

and in ASN its general settings->auto load plan

cheers

andy crosby

afirm, triple checked

Mathieu Souphy

I found that the latest version fixed a problem for people like me with a dual install, namely, that the wx.pln file in FSX:SE was still being written to the FSX:MS documents folder instead of the FSX:SE folder.  Now it's working properly in both versions.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I just uninstalled the T7 from my system, and reinstalled it, rebooted, reconfigured the FMC settings to the correct settings for the uplink to work etc...

No WX.PLN file is created when I activate my route or request the wind data. So nothing is loaded into the FSX flight planner, and as a result the ASN flight plan stays empty and no .wx file is generated in the PMDG\WX folder... :(

Mathieu Souphy

I got  the  same  issue  as  you have  although  everything  works  fine  except  for  when I  call for the descent  forest  to be uploaded   comes  up with invalid  response.  I  checked   asn  everything  is  ticked  as  you have  said  auto load  etc  pmdg  option  is  correct  but  asn  map  doesn't  auto load   the flight  plan  for  some  reason, only   with   the 777,  have  to  try the ngx  to  see  if  the auto  load  of  the flight  plan works .the only  way  is  to manually  import  the flight plan into  asn  it takes  a extra  10  seconds  to do or use  pfpx to load  the wx  to the folder

Peter kelberg

Yes, I know it's only 10 secs of extra work, but I'm just curious to know why it worked before using the new installers, and why it stopped working afterwards.

I just loaded a route in the T7 FMC (and have the option set to "create wx.pln file and load to FSX").

I activated the route.

I scanned my whole computer (all drives) to find a WX.PLN file dated from today. I didn't find any...

Mathieu Souphy

Yes, I know it's only 10 secs of extra work, but I'm just curious to know why it worked before using the new installers, and why it stopped working afterwards

Don't  know  but  have  you download  the new  asn  5848   since  I have  and  found the  same  issues  as you have , worked the previous  version  so  might be  the new 5848 is  causing the issue. Anyways I posted  this  at  the hi  fi  forum about 5  minutes  ago so hopfully  get  a answer from them

Peter kelberg

Yes I did but I don't think it's related to the ASN version, as it stopped working before I installed SP4 of ASN.

If I load a flight plan into the FSX memory by using Aivlasoft EFB, ASN is correctly picking up the flight plan and creates the .wx file accordingly in the PMDG\WX folder.

As I see it, the issue is that the PMDG option to create a WX.PLN file and load it into the sims memory is not working any longer, so I really think it's on the PMDG side rather than the ASN side.

Mathieu Souphy

If I load a flight plan into the FSX memory by using Aivlasoft EFB, ASN is correctly picking up the flight plan and creates the .wx file accordingly in the PMDG\WX folder.

Edit  just read  the manual  about the flight  plan  being  imported  to asn  nothing  to do with  the issues  about  the wx   being  uploaded,  is  for  the plan  to be  auto  filled  the following

Auto load simulator flight plan

 Once ASN is running, detects flight plan load/change events in the simulator, and automatically loads the same plan within ASN.

 Does not load plan when simulator is running prior to ASN.

 Requires that you have set a valid flight plans path by manually loading a flight plan (using the Flight Plan screen). This will automatically set the folder used during this automatic load.

 When using PMDG CDU Auto-load/apply option along with this option, ASN will read the new flight plan and update the exported winds data accordingly, but the flight plan itself will not be updated. To update the loaded ASN flight plan, manually re-load the flight plan

so according  to line  3  you have  to manually  import the flight  plan or  use the flight plan screen with in fsx si if  you don  o this the  wx  file  wont  be  auto filled

Peter kelberg

Thanks, but like I said, 99% sure it has nothing to do with ASN. It's on the PMDG side.

It stopped working the day I installed the T7 with the new installers.

I submitted a ticket to PMDG, I'll see where that leads us. I'll post any findings back here, don't worry.

Thanks for all the help.

Mathieu Souphy

Thanks, but like I said, 99% sure it has nothing to do with ASN. It's on the PMDG side.

It stopped working the day I installed the T7 with the new installers.

I submitted a ticket to PMDG, I'll see where that leads us. I'll post any findings back here, don't worry.

Thanks for all the help.

I saw, above, that you "triple checked" the setting, but what did you triple check the setting at?

Kyle Rodgers