Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Except P3D v3.2 soon...

...i hope!!

Well 2 days ago i moved to v3.1, first thing i did, fire the simulator in my "home" airport (LPPT), what did i get? a not responding hang for 10 minutes...???

So lets kill the process and fire again this time in Dubai, what did i get? another not responding for several minutes....#####??? :angry:

Kill again, 3d try, fire the default airport, what did i get?  loaded in seconds.... :crazy:

So i started to dig in and all the airports loaded well, except for those 2...and what do i have in this 2 in common? night environment from aerosoft :Thinking:

Lets remove the NE from scenery.cfg and fire the simulator...what did i get? both loaded fast and well :yahoo:

So lets dig this time in forums, first in NE forums and then the P3D forum, and i found this http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=116596

Its seem's that v3.1 as a memory leak that becomes noticeable when you try to load external night lights over a scenery (sames happens with taburet night 3d), LM seems to found the problem and is putting the fix in the next release...v3.2 i guess!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You saved my bacon. I was about to wipe everything and start over. I removed all Taburet lights from my scenery.cfg for now. 

You saved my bacon. I was about to wipe everything and start over. I removed all Taburet lights from my scenery.cfg for now. 

That's always the last resort ;) glad my post helped you.

Would be nice though to know, as loading time for the sim due to the memory leak is annoying. It can take up to 15 Min, the sim freezes.