Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Odd problem with P3Dv3 loading - Have you had this happen?

The other day I loaded P3Dv3 and saw the below warning boxes and then the sim would lock up and I would have to go to task manager to shut it down.

First this window

scenario_zpsnpy6su0h.jpg

And then this window

repair_zpszxj8ithk.jpg

So I then repaired P3Dv3 and all was well, for awhile. After shutting it down and then restarting later the same warnings came back up and sim shut down.

I did this repair about three times without much success so then I went looking for the offending XML files. I found them in user/me/appdata/local/LM/P3dv3 folder as shown below.

fxml%20file_zpsgk1fmlhw.jpg

So I deleted the two files and started P3Dv3 up again and it worked fine,,,that is until I shut it down and restarted it as then it locked up again.

So something I have installed is messing with those two files,,yes. I then made the two files Read Only and now all is fine because whatever was changing them cannot add or change those two files anymore.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

So what was the last thing you installed? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Capt sim planes and I think I have it narrowed down to one. I want this plane to work so my work around by naming the files read only seems to do the trick.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Taken from a Facebook Group I'm with.

Solution for the Prepar3D V3 Default.fxml failed to load

Delete these 3 files and then try to start P3D again

1)Go to START and type  %LOCALAPPDATA% then choose Local, then open Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3 and delete this 2 files

2)Prepar3D_Default.fxml

3)Prepar3D_Default.wx 

4)Then go to C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and delete this file

5)Prepar3D.cfg

6)Start P3D V3

Hope its of some help.

40282618105572517s.jpg

Thanks, that was the fix I used but it came back again, and again.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Is it anything to do with the Captain Sim Flights. Have a look in your documents folder and see if there is a FSX or P3d folder with Captain Sim flights for the tutorials. I seem to remember having a similar problem recently. If there are, these need to go in the P3D (whatever version your using) folder. Or just delete them and then try the reset as above again.

Pete

40282618105572517s.jpg

The other day I loaded P3Dv3 and saw the below warning boxes and then the sim would lock up and I would have to go to task manager to shut it down.

First this window

scenario_zpsnpy6su0h.jpg

And then this window

repair_zpszxj8ithk.jpg

So I then repaired P3Dv3 and all was well, for awhile. After shutting it down and then restarting later the same warnings came back up and sim shut down.

I did this repair about three times without much success so then I went looking for the offending XML files. I found them in user/me/appdata/local/LM/P3dv3 folder as shown below.

fxml%20file_zpsgk1fmlhw.jpg

So I deleted the two files and started P3Dv3 up again and it worked fine,,,that is until I shut it down and restarted it as then it locked up again.

So something I have installed is messing with those two files,,yes. I then made the two files Read Only and now all is fine because whatever was changing them cannot add or change those two files anymore.

A little longshot but tryk rightclick Prepar3D_Default. fxml and check With notepad "file name" section in the top. Does it also have the "_"? or is there a just a space between?

Michael Moe

You Can also try saving your own startup file.

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Not sure I understand,,looked at file and no Witherspoon entry.

Is it anything to do with the Captain Sim Flights. Have a look in your documents folder and see if there is a FSX or P3d folder with Captain Sim flights for the tutorials. I seem to remember having a similar problem recently. If there are, these need to go in the P3D (whatever version your using) folder. Or just delete them and then try the reset as above again.

Pete

I think it might have something to do with Capt Sim planes and I already tried to delete all their flights and tutorials but that did not help. It is a problem in the FXML file in that loading a certain plane or situation corrupts that file.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

It has nothing to do with Captain Sim. I just got this error the other day, and it happened with a custom default flight I had made. I think I was using the A2A Cherokee just prior to getting that error.

Make those two files read only and it will not do it anymore. You might have to temporarily remove the read only when you install something that will change the file such as ASN,,but I am not sure about that yet.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Maybe your default flight is corrupted. 

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112337

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Thanks, that is the same as deleting it which is what I have done but now I just make it read only and nothing can corrupt it anymore.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

HI I am getting same issue

Can you please elaborate on how you fixed this?how

Did you make it read only?

Thanks