Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

My Decision ? P3D V 2.4 Why Upgrade To V 3.1

The Majestic Q400 ran well for me in v2.5 and v3, 3.1 producing mysterious dll related ctd's. Still working on a fix.

have V2.4 which I am very happy with the performance. Need help as to why I would want to upgrade from a version for me has good performance.  I've read about all the new features. But will I be disappointed with the performance?

Thanks to all who reply.

Three words.....

Virtual.Address.Space.

I suffered from frequent OOMs in detailed areas in FSX and P3D v2.3/2.4, but so far I have not encountered a single OOM (or any other type of CTD) in P3D v3/3.1. Of course, if you do not currently suffer from OOMs, then it's a different matter. P3D v3 does have other improvements compared to v2, but nothing (IMO) as important as the VAS upgrades.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The Majestic Q400 ran well for me in v2.5 and v3, 3.1 producing mysterious dll related ctd's. Still working on a fix.

What is a shame, is that moving from V3 to V3.1 just requires replacing the Client.  Doesn't seem to be a way, to revert back to V3 by doing the same thing in reverse. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I experienced better performance from  both upgrades, 2.4-2.5 and then 2.5-3.1. No CTD with PMDG 777.  This is finally the version I fly, not toy with to get better performance. If it ended right here I'd be set for years.

James McLees

No ctd's here with 3.1. Enjoying the new graphic features and VAS improvements...

Still waiting for some addons to be updated but already have a boatload running.

If 2.5 is running for you fine, there probably isnt a really compelling reason to upgrade. Why rock the boat? But if you are looking for something more, perhaps that's the question - what would be compelling for you to upgrade?

What is a shame, is that moving from V3 to V3.1 just requires replacing the Client.  Doesn't seem to be a way, to revert back to V3 by doing the same thing in reverse.

I still have the v3.0 installer, but I did a clean install and reverting back for an error like this would be a step back. Hoping I can figure out this problem, but on the plus side I'm getting very well acquainted with xplane! Let's see what v3.2 brings!

Well I new I could count on this community for some interesting answers.

I want to thank everyone for there honest experiences. You gave me a lot of information and a lot to digest.

I am also thinking of moving totally away from FSX. So much invested in it over the years. Thanks to Orbx all of my scenery is being used in P3D 2.4 and can be reinstalled in 3.1. I have my RealAir aircraft in both FSX and P3D. The PMDG 777 is in FSX. ASN in both as well.

Thanks again.

Bill

Three words.....

Virtual.Address.Space.

I suffered from frequent OOMs in detailed areas in FSX and P3D v2.3/2.4, but so far I have not encountered a single OOM (or any other type of CTD) in P3D v3/3.1. Of course, if you do not currently suffer from OOMs, then it's a different matter. P3D v3 does have other improvements compared to v2, but nothing (IMO) as important as the VAS upgrades.

+1

P3dv3.1 has been stable for me flying the PMDG 777 & 737.  I just cant seem to get it to recognize the hat switch view left/right axis on my Logitech G940.  Also wish they would have included an option for force feedback.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.