Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Megascenery California 4X missing large section of scenery

Mike,

I sent you a message here about forum access. Due to a massive number of spammers trying to register on our forum using gmail addresses, we had to remove that address and other similar ones (like hotmail) from being able to register. We now manually validate all new registrations to try and limit the problem.

Dean

PC Aviator Aus

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Hi Dean,

I've responded to your pm and have complied with your request.

Thanks again for your help.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Everyone,

Okay, I can log into the other forum now, looks like I'm just waiting on authorization, I'm getting there. :smile:

Thanks for the help Dean.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

Well, the account I created at PCAviator has gone from waiting on admin approval to missing. My account no longer exists over at PCAviator Australia. Without access to their official forum, I need to look elsewhere for my photoreal scenery, any other players out there working with P3D3 other than MSE?.

I gave MegaSceneryEarth every effort, including numerous emails to join their official site hosted on PCAviator Australia. I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on MegaSceneryEarth 4X and/or any other product(s) as long as their support forums are hosted on a website that offer limited viewing access, no way to post and no way to register.

Shame, MegaSceneryEarth 4X (Florida) is a nice product. The company hosting their online forum needs to work out a way to keep spammers off their site, without making it impossible for customers to gain access!. Been trying to join ever since I purchased the product on the 12th. it's now two weeks.

Hey Mike-

I gave up on them quite some time ago for all the reasons you mentioned along with unanswered emails. Blue sky Scenery might be an option for you.

http://www.blueskyscenery.com

After P3D V3.1 was released and with the GPU handling more of the heavy lifting, I've been giving ORBX another run. Remarkably smooth now and their spot on rendition of KSTS ( I live 5 miles from there and catch a Dash 8 to either Seattle or Anchorage every once in a while) brought me back over to the Dark Side. I turn off the trees and have autogen turned way down as well. Kinda like PS in this way.

Might give it a shot.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I spend 100% of my sim time in the 737NG, photoreal is really starting to come into its own. I like the look of MSE4X's 50CM even up close "for the most part"... Maybe the company will move it's online forum to a location that is not impossible to join, like here at AVSIM.

If not, count me out!. I just saved about $190.00 on what has been released so far, with the exception of Florida... Maybe I'll take my wife out to dinner.

Maybe I'll take my wife out to dinner.

Always a good idea  :smile:

Mike,

Odd that your forum registration went missing. Check your PMs here. I have a workaround.

Dean

PC Aviator Australia

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Hi Everyone,

I'm setup on PCAviator Australia's online forum.

Thanks Dean

The Australia PC Aviator forum was always the best MSE forum :

http://pcaviatorforums.com/index.php/forum/9-megasceneryearth-general-discussion/

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I hope PC Aviator has success with their forum.  This forum was set up because members complained about the lack of support or, in some cases, no forum to discuss issues or even provide their thanks to the developer for their great product.  If PC Aviator or MSE have issues setting up their forums, we would be glad to set up official forums for them on this site that they can moderate and advertise all they want in their forum.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim, Did you get the two photos reversed?

The way it looks now, the first photo has an entirely brown area to the left, and the second one (LA_SanDiego HiRes) actually has more photoreal area to the left...can you tell us what part of SoCal these photos show?

That was my understanding too Frank but Kevin may be right.  Nevertheless, I did take images with just California 4X enabled and then just LA_San Diego HiRes enabled.  There are some slight color changes but I do not see any difference in resolution.  Note in the HiRes photo, in the horizon, the scenery is not as far out in the distance as California 4X so the California 4X scenery covers a larger area (or appears that is the case):

California4X.png

California 4X
LA_SanDiego_UltraHiRes.png

LA_SanDiego HiRes

Best regards,

Hi Jim, Did you get the two photos reversed?

No, if you look in the California 4X photo, look to the left and you will see where the tiles are missing.  MSE has fixed this by replacing file 9 and the tiles are all there again.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I dont know if this has been asked before but the old Megascenery X SOCAL in my opinion added to the realism factor greatly by having Autogen unlike the newer MegasceneryEarth California 4X. My question is if the texture folder from Megascenery X SOCAL could be copied in to the MegasceneryEarth California 4X folder. That way one could enjoy the better resolution from MegasceneryEarth California 4X and still have autogen. Just a thought.

I really want to enjoy Megascenery Earth but without autogen it really distracts so terribly much from the immersion beeign all flat.  

Mike