Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Aircraft parking locations/gate plans?

When setting up a flight in FSX, you have the choice of positioning the aircraft on the active runway, or any available gate/parking location at the airport. The list can be quite large if you've selected a major airport. My google-fu is failing me in that I cannot find any maps showing the locations of the aforementioned gates and parking. I really don't want to have to sit at the PC launching flight after flight selecting each spot in turn.

Typical example - Manchester is the nearest major airport IRL. I can't find a map showing the parking spots. Plenty of entries for where to park your car when going on holiday and how much that will cost, but nothing for showing me where I should park Aer Lingus' A330 or TNTs 777 freighter!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Google EGCC Charts and choose NATS. The second chart on the list has all the parking spots. I'm sure someone will respond with which airlines use which spots.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for this advice... Ive often wondered where that kind of detail came from....

I also have FSTramp installed as a nav aid and zooming in over an airport down to the ground also brings up all the taxiway names which is very useful  and gate numbers too (although these are only visible when the cursor is over a gate.).

• Upvote 1

If you're flying to any US airports, you can use AirNav.com for airport diagrams, plates, SID's, STAR's, etc.. as well!

• Upvote 1