Sign in to follow this  
aaronshenhao

Where is Flight Toolkit installing? How to remove?

Hi,

I uninstalled Flight Toolkit then reinstalled. However, it did not reinstall the Flight Toolkit folder in Program Files. Where is flight toolkit even installed? I can't seem to find it or the tools it provides. 

And after I uninstall it, My MS Flight is still in the toolkit "mode", but I have uninstalled it. 

How does this work? Where is it installing and how do I remove it so I can do a proper install?

Thanks,

Aaron.

I believe you should first activate GfWL mode in the Flight Toolkit, and then uninstall it. It should be located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools" or a similar path depending on your system.

You should be able to uninstall it from the Add\Remove programs in Windows.  It always gets installed to the default location in Program Files unless you choose a different location during the installation.  Also, uninstalling should return your copy of Flight to the same it was in before.

If that isn't working then something went wrong with the uninstall.  If you need to manually return Flight to the previous state, make sure to delete xlive.dll from the Microsoft Flight install folder.