Sign in to follow this  
JNS

Scenery question

Hi.  Since I'm on P3Dv3 and couldn't find a general scenery forum I thought I would ask my questions here. I've been reading a lot of comments on the forums regarding ORBX and GEX/UTX.  I've decided to buy ORBX FTX Global base, Vector, Open LC Europe, Open LC NA/Alaska/Can, UTXv2 Europe, and UTXv2 USA and decide for myself which I like best.

Now, for the questions.  It is my understanding that I can install all of these and just use the ones I want by making the others inactive in the Scenery Library.  Is that correct?  Also, it seems that UTXv2 Europe and UTXv2 USA basically take the place of both ORBX Vector and Open LC Europe/NA.  Correct?  My ultimate plan was to maybe use the ORBX FTX Global Base with the two UTX products because I heard that Vector was harder on VAS than UTX. 

Last question:  I've really never understand how to organize or "order" scenery in the Library.  Do these addons that I'm wanting to use need to be in any certain order?

Thanks very much for any input you have on this subject.

Jeff Smith

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

I use Orbyx regions and UTX USA and Canada.  Both place the files within P3D's scenery library at top (depending on which one you are using at the time). Install Orbyx stuff 1st, then make sure FTX Central is changed to "Default"  and then install UTX

If I am flying lower states in US, I use the FTX Central to change from Orbx regions "enabled" back to default as "enabled"...that way I have pure UTX landclass. When I fly the Obyx regions I go back to FTX Central and renable the Orbx regions

Which ever flyzones you use, the correct scenery files in Scenery Library end up on top.

Hope that wasn't confusing. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thanks for the reply, Jim.  I just woke up and was reading it so I'm not sure, but I think I got it.  LOL  I'll go over it again.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Hi.  Since I'm on P3Dv3 and couldn't find a general scenery forum I thought I would ask my questions here. I've been reading a lot of comments on the forums regarding ORBX and GEX/UTX.  I've decided to buy ORBX FTX Global base, Vector, Open LC Europe, Open LC NA/Alaska/Can, UTXv2 Europe, and UTXv2 USA and decide for myself which I like best.

Now, for the questions.  It is my understanding that I can install all of these and just use the ones I want by making the others inactive in the Scenery Library.  Is that correct?  Also, it seems that UTXv2 Europe and UTXv2 USA basically take the place of both ORBX Vector and Open LC Europe/NA.  Correct?  My ultimate plan was to maybe use the ORBX FTX Global Base with the two UTX products because I heard that Vector was harder on VAS than UTX. 

Last question:  I've really never understand how to organize or "order" scenery in the Library.  Do these addons that I'm wanting to use need to be in any certain order?

Thanks very much for any input you have on this subject.

Jeff Smith

I installed UTX2.1 just after FTX Global . 

I have Vector BUT did not installed it after i got P3D. I only use UTX2.1EU for the roads and lights .Everything else is ORBX including OPENLCEU

UTX2.1 Roads at London can take a massive hit as well (up to 3-400MB of VAS)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

UTX2.1 Roads at London can take a massive hit as well (up to 3-400MB of VAS)

It's the same with Vector - that's why both products allow you to selectively enable or disable problem areas.

The order of install is not important, the order of the Scenery in the Scenery Library or Scenery.cfg is primarily what determines what you see.

Using the Scenery library - you would usually want your dedicated airports listed first because they have the most detail, then ORBX regions as the next level of detail, then the UTX/Vector products, LC and mesh.

I use both UTX and Vector with UTX above Vector - this way, in areas covered by both - UTX displays - in areas not covered by UTX - Vector displays - so I essentially get world wide coverage.

I prefer UTX and GEP3D to FTX Global & Vector but I dio use the ORBX Regions and some airports.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thank you both Vic and Michael.  Your comments are very helpful.  Since I've already purchase all this stuff I guess I'll go for it and do the "enable/disable" dance.  Michael, are you using FTX Central also?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Smith

Thank you both Vic and Michael.  Your comments are very helpful.  Since I've already purchase all this stuff I guess I'll go for it and do the "enable/disable" dance.  Michael, are you using FTX Central also?

Thanks,

Jeff

Yep Central 2.

I had alot of UTX EU problems with P3DV2 because i installed it after OPENLCEU. The light was just screwed up and support recommended me to start over and install UTXEU2.1 just after GLOBAL. No issues afterwards.

Just be aware that UTX comes with landclass and can conflict with OpenLCEU if you do not disable stuff. But again i only use UTXEU2.1 for roads and lights.

Great products

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks, Michael.  Surprisingly, I wasn't even familiar with FTX Central until Jim mentioned it above.  So now I'm having to catch up a little on how that item works.

Jeff

Jeff Smith