Sign in to follow this  
Nick Dobda

Losing Clickspots

If I loose the clicks, but move a bit forward with EZDOK, mouse clicks work again.

You're experiencing a well known "problem" that has to do with the clickspots. With EZDOK sometimes the dynamic movements of the camera POV puts your head behind the headrest. Since you can't click through things, the clickspots stop working. Moving forward again fixes the problem. IF in your case its happening quite often, reset your default POV further forward. Your setup default captain's seat might just be starting out too close to the headrest.

The problems others (and myself) have been experiencing isn't this issue. When it was happening to me slewing the camera POV did not solve the problem.

Fortunately, since loading a default panel state, the problem hasn't occurred again for me.   

Yesterday this problem was back again, with default panel state C&D.

After almost  4.5 years I have to say bye bye to this lovely addon. Hoping for a patch.

So this is the first time I've had this problem.

Worked for hundreds of hours on FSX and P3Dv2.

Is it from an update? When I installed p3dv3 I redownloaded the ngx so got the latest version

- Windows 8.1

- P3Dv3.1

- NO EZDOK

Mine has just begun also. P3D v3.1. No EZDok. The only difference since I had run it last (has been running perfectly since I install 3.1 months ago) is I installed FS2Crew q400 which ran C++ updates. Possible connection?

Mario Di Lauro

Losing clickspots is a known issue in P3D v3.1  (I have read this on the ConcordeX beta forums).  Apparently fixed in v3.2.  You need to load the aircraft directly and don't first load the default plane.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

So what ever this problem is.  It appears to be degenerative.  I have gone from never seeing it since owning PMDG 737NGX (Since original release) to it happening once in a blue moon to as of today actually not being able to use the product as it now opens with no click spots working at all.  All happened over a 4 -6  week period.  Absolutely now at a loss.  I have a product that is not usable and it appears I am far from the only one.   (My system config/software installed has not changed since this started just fyi.)

Andy

Andy Mahaffey

lntel  i7 6700k Skylake​ (watercooled)

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

​Win 10, FSX -SE (with CH Pedals and Saitek Proflight Yoke)

Because of problems unrelated to this I just uninstalled COMPLETELY P3D and 737NGX. Prior to this ALL click spots worked with or without ezcam running. After clean reinstall of P3D and 737NGX NO click spots on lower portion of main panel work including the FMC buttons. I am totally confused.
This seems to eliminate degenerative specuation at least in my case.

All other aircraft in P3D work fine with no click spot problems. I have opened a ticket  with PMDG.

Dave Ambrose

I just uninstalled COMPLETELY P3D and 737NGX

Did you reinstall the SimConnect files?

Kyle Rodgers

foundthe solution on pmdg manager... go there

now i cant get p3d reinstall

hell of a day wasted

Dave

no idea what simconnect files are

not a clue

Dave

apparently p3d load the default aircarft into mem on start up and this screws up pmdg 737ngx click spots

fix is a check box on lower right of start up screen

check it and restart p3d

this should take you to the startup senario screen when you tart p3d and NOT load the default plane into memory

Dave

Well after installing p3dv3.2.3 this problem seems to have disappeared.

Not sure of the cause as it seems people are having trouble with FSX so who knows ??

This issue just started happening with me over the weekend, what start was degenerative, has now made the aircraft completely unusable in the VC environment.

I had installed FS2Crew (button, SOP2) and it worked for the first two flights. The tutorial flight and the next one of my choosing. On the third flight it would show up once in a while. I do not use EZDOK and I use views between 1.00 and .70 zoom. All three flights, I never left the default captain view. My zoom never exceeded 1.0 and never went further back than .70

I removed FS2Crew and the did three flights, the first two had no issues, the third had intermittent issues that by the time I reached TOD had total loss of VC button interaction.

I found that if I minimized the application, upon resuming it, I could click one thing. Didn't matter what it was, but I got one action. If I minimized/maximized, I'd get one each time. I also found going into the options menu also gave me one action. I do not have the game "pause" on menu interaction.

Last night, on plane launch I had no click spots. I reloaded the Long state (what I've been using) and that didn't fix it. Switched to C&D, same problem. Short, also same problem. I do not have the NGX as the default aircraft. Reloading the plane does not fix the issue.

This morning, I backed everything up and did a total, 100% clean install. Not just of the NGX and FSX but of Windows 10. I reinstalled the following and only the following after fully patching Windows 10:

- Steam

- Flight Simulator X

- PMDG NGX (just the 800/900 base, not the 6/7 xpac)

- FSUIPC (free version)

- Ran all three Sim Connect files from the SDK folders

- (Restarted for good measure)

Launched FSX. Changed from the Glider to the PMDG 800, loaded up a no weather, middle of the day time at my KSMF airport (no add-on scenery, no ACAD files, nothing).

Completed a successful, problem free flight from KSMF to KLAX. Quit the application, restarted the computer, made the return leg from KLAX to KSMF and just before CZQ started to experience intermittent click spot issues, by the time I passed TURLOC I had lost MCP functionality but radios worked. Passing ELKOE, I had lost all VC interaction capabilities.

Quit everything, restarted. Created a new KLAX departure flight and by the time I hit the runway, full VC interaction was lost again.

Some additional information on my hardware:

- No external monitors

- 1920x1080 resolution

- Wired USB mouse, wired USB keyboard

- HOTAS X thrustmaster

System is fully patched/updated, no other add-ons besides the PMDG NGX and FSUIPC. As of an hour ago, the plane is 100% unreliable in a "natural" state. I've got 200 hours on it over the last 3 months and it was perfectly fine until this past week (with no new add-ons). All panel states have 100% loss of VC functionality within 20 minutes of launch, sometimes less, sometimes right away.

Recap:

- Started to occur

- Installed FS2crew (which made it worse), removed it

- Still occurred, then got worse

- Total clean install of environment, no add-ons, still occurring

- Now is unusable

Side note:

After "moving on" I installed some other payware aircraft (Aerosoft, A2A) and all four planes function without issue in the VC environment.

I'm heading out of town tonight on business for a week but when I get back I'll file a formal ticket with PMDG, but just wanted to get my experience documented here as well.

This morning, I backed everything up and did a total, 100% clean install. Not just of the NGX and FSX but of Windows 10. I reinstalled the following and only the following after fully patching Windows 10:

Sounds like a nightmare! Hope the problem can be identified. Fortunately for me I haven't had a repeat since starting fresh every flight. 

Sounds like a nightmare! Hope the problem can be identified. Fortunately for me I haven't had a repeat since starting fresh every flight. 

Nick, what do you mean "starting fresh" every flight?

Nick, what do you mean "starting fresh" every flight?

I was having the problem only after loading up a previously saved flight... well a string of previously saved flights. For example, I'd fly from Pittsburgh to Detroit, secure the cockpit and save the flight in FSX. The next night I would re-load the previous flight, prepare the cockpit and fly Detroit to Chicago.. secure the cockpit save in FSX, then pickup the next night fly Chicago to Minneapolis... and so on around the country.

Well, at some point I'd lose the clickspots - maybe 10 - 20 flights in, which led me to believe it was progressive, something minor wasn't saving in the panel state, and over time it accumulated and froze up the panel.

Now I will start FSX, pick an airport and load up with the default 737. Once I'm loaded in FSX at the gate, I'll select aircraft - PMDG 737, then wait to the aircraft and panel to load up. I do not load old panel states, nor old flights, new everything every night. 

I haven't had the clickspot issue since doing it this way, probably 20 flights ago. 

I haven't had the clickspot issue since doing it this way, probably 20 flights ago. 

Gotcha. I've never loaded a save flight (based on reading in this forum that it had the potential to introduce oddities with panel states). If I decide to do back-to-back flights, I'll go so far as to completely restart the computer and just re-select everything manually. I always launch the game with the NGX though (it's not the default plane). So I'll try your approach of loading the scenery and then the plane.

In the interest of thoroughness, I'm going to try a clean install on a different computer next week and document all my findings for the official PMDG support ticket. Everything was fine for a while, so I know it's not a definitive issue with their product, something is causing it to occur on my end. Even if that means it's the program and not something I'm actually doing.