Sign in to follow this  
Stratocruiser1

Need some help for new install

I deleted the three files, Prepare3D V3 Content, Academic Client, and Scenery. I shut down the computer, then re started and was able to install the new Client file, but cant install the other two new ones. Each one starts and runs up until it says something like Installing new files, then I get a message that says it failed because "Source File Not Found". It shows an address in my computer in Users, my name, App Data, etc. but I don't know how to fix this. Can anyone help?
Howard

I should have said update instead of new install.

Howard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I deleted the three files, Prepare3D V3 Content, Academic Client, and Scenery. I shut down the computer, then re started and was able to install the new Client file, but cant install the other two new ones. Each one starts and runs up until it says something like Installing new files, then I get a message that says it failed because "Source File Not Found". It shows an address in my computer in Users, my name, App Data, etc. but I don't know how to fix this. Can anyone help?

Howard

I should have said update instead of new install.

Howard

How did you "delete" the files?

I hope you meant to say "un-installed" instead of "deleted". If you actually deleted, then your registry still says that it is installed but P3D installer will not find it, thus your error message.

• Upvote 1

I hope you meant to say "un-installed" instead of "deleted". If you actually deleted, then your registry still says that it is installed but P3D installer will not find it, thus your error message.

I opened Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features/ clicked on the file and clicked on Uninstall.

try running the installer as Administrator - see if that helps