Sign in to follow this  
tafische

Muddy runway images

I am moving over from Xplane to FSX and trying to get it setup correctly.  My biggest problem right now is that I am having difficulty with runways, taxiways and ramps not looking good at night.  It is very difficult to tell the difference between the ground and taxiways/ramps as you can see by the images below.   I am running FSX SE with REX4 on a very high end hardware set to pretty extreme on almost everything..  The images below are from SFO 28R.

Any suggestions on what I can do to improve the night time views?

2016-3-16_12-3-34-686.jpg

2016-3-16_12-4-7-613.jpg

2016-3-16_12-4-22-279.jpg

If that is KSFO then it's 28R.  No such runway as 36R.  FSX night ground textures are fairly bland looking.  Does

REX4 have any settings for ground/runway textures?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

If that is KSFO then it's 28R.  No such runway as 36R.  FSX night ground textures are fairly bland looking.  Does

REX4 have any settings for ground/runway textures?

You are right on the runway...typo.   Anyway - I have set REX for ground textures updating the concrete, grass, and asphalt but I really don't get much improvement no matter which profile I pick.  

I sort of in the same boat!

KSFO.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I think I get you're point, but what are you expecting?  I ask, because in real life the taxiway is often quite indistinct without the taxiway lights and a/c taxi light to help discern. 

Eric Szczesniak

I think I get you're point, but what are you expecting?  I ask, because in real life the taxiway is often quite indistinct without the taxiway lights and a/c taxi light to help discern. 

I guess I was expecting a more dramatic difference between the runway texture and the ground/grass textures.    I do have the A/C taxi lights on in those shots.  Here is an example of another FSX user I saw  -- which is more what I am trying to get to --

goodrw.jpg

That may be the 737 Immersion package at work. In the MD11, PMDG used a rather generic, flat texture to represent taxi/takeoff lights (as all developers did back when it came out). Now that technology has advanced a bit since then, developers can make more realistic and convincing lights  that are volumetric. Or, that screenshot may be in P3D with HDR or FSX with ReShade.

I guess I was expecting a more dramatic difference between the runway texture and the ground/grass textures.    I do have the A/C taxi lights on in those shots.  Here is an example of another FSX user I saw  -- which is more what I am trying to get to --

goodrw.jpg

Hi did you get this resolved at all, I'm also having the same issue with the PMDG MD11 lighting on the ground. I have REX4 texture direct but cant seem to find the option to disable the airplane lights. I heard with option disabled it resolves this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

regards

Ldee247