Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

Electronic Checklist Options

Hi,

I've been watching quite a few videos lately of the Boeing 777 and I've noticed that there are a whole raft of options built into the electronic checklist system such as 'PA Announcement' for Air Canada.  Also they seem to move things around to suit the carriers style of operation.

I think this has been mentioned before but does anyone know if a future expansion of the 777 to include the other variants would potentially include a electronic checklist modification to allow incorporation of carrier specific checklists?  I mean it's not a show stopper by any means but I am curious as to the PMDG view on this one.

Out of interest, the current setup for the checklists, can anyone tell me what carrier this is based on?  Or is it a 'standard' that Boeing impliment in the case where carriers have no specific checklist requirements?

Thank you

Craig

EDIT: ah ha! It seems it was, but this was some time ago, does anyone know of any updates to the position here? 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/419083-pmdg-777-electronic-checklist/

• Upvote 1

Craig Read, EGLL

Hi,

I've been watching quite a few videos lately of the Boeing 777 and I've noticed that there are a whole raft of options built into the electronic checklist system such as 'PA Announcement' for Air Canada.  Also they seem to move things around to suit the carriers style of operation.

I think this has been mentioned before but does anyone know if a future expansion of the 777 to include the other variants would potentially include a electronic checklist modification to allow incorporation of carrier specific checklists?  I mean it's not a show stopper by any means but I am curious as to the PMDG view on this one.

Out of interest, the current setup for the checklists, can anyone tell me what carrier this is based on?  Or is it a 'standard' that Boeing impliment in the case where carriers have no specific checklist requirements?

Thank you

Craig

EDIT: ah ha! It seems it was, but this was some time ago, does anyone know of any updates to the position here? 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/419083-pmdg-777-electronic-checklist/

I think at the moment all focus is on the 747v2 and DC6 so it's not happening soon. I think PMDG also want to create the -200ER family for the 777 in the future too once all the current products are wrapped up however we shall see. Plus any unannounced projects that are in the pipeline (perhaps one of which is a more complex checklist!).

In regards to actually modifying checklists, I think it would get complex very quickly. Especially in the case of the hardline checks where changing a certain control on the flight deck automatically checks that item (e.g the take-off checklist). As for adding simple pilot checked items, I don't know how complex that is but I can imagine there are thousands of different options available in the real world, too many to handle perhaps.

but I can imagine there are thousands of different options available in the real world, too many to handle perhaps.
The number of combinations would be staggering.
  • Upvote 1

Hi Craig,

This is the basic checklist developped by Boeing. Quite of few operators use it without customization, for eg.  German Cargo.

Cheers,

Tamas

The checklists on the PMDG 777 are based on Boeing's own checklists for the aircraft. Boeing usually customizes the electronic checklists according to each airline's request. PMDG just chose to give us the checklists that Boeing created for the 777 with the PMDG 777X. 

I could think of an editor that you can use to piece together your own normal checklist(s) from a pre-defined set of items. They really differ quite a bit from each other.

I could think of an editor that you can use to piece together your own normal checklist(s) from a pre-defined set of items. They really differ quite a bit from each other.

Not quite that easy...if it were that easy, you'd imagine we'd have given you that option already, eh?

Kyle Rodgers

Not quite that easy...if it were that easy, you'd imagine we'd have given you that option already, eh?

Did I sound like I thought it was easy? :smile: Because I am convinced it would require serious effort. Choices have grown over time though and so I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this materialize some time in the future.

Boeing has made amendments to its generic checklists, would be good if these could be incorporated into the program also.

Cheers,

Shane H