Sign in to follow this  
krissekrasse

Orbx and P3D v3.2.3

Hello all

I have read in several forums, that when upgrading to P3d v3.2.3, Orbs might be affected.

How can you tell? I can't see any difference, but then again I don't know what to look for :)

Could do a re-install just to be on the safe side, but I'd rather not.

This was also posted in Prepar3d forum, hope "double-posting" is allowed.

Best regards

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

if you update the client you will need to reinstall FTX GLOBAL - the other regions, etc are fine.

Vic

Vic, my understanding was that FTX Global only had to be reinstalled if you updated the "Scenery" section.  Did this just occur with 3.2.3?  I only updated "Client" and from I can tell my ORBX did not change.  I'm running 3.2.3.

Thanks,

Jeff

You may be right, Jeff. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that in several posts but I'll double check.

IIRC, it was stated that Global modified core files which client overwrites.

Sorry for the confusion.

Vic

EDIT: Found the post - confirm I misread it - user did a client install THEN decided to do a full install. Global then needed reinstall.

You may be right, Jeff. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that in several posts but I'll double check.

IIRC, it was stated that Global modified core files which client overwrites.

Sorry for the confusion.

Vic

I'm not the expert either, but it was my understanding that FTXG overwrites default texture, not core, files.  These are replaced in the scenery update instead of the content update.  I am sure from what I've read you need to reinstall FTXG with a scenery update.  I only did a client and content update.  Unfortunately, I've used FTXG since day one, so while this looks like what I had, I'm not overly clear what default P3D v3 looks like to compare.

Vic, I just saw your edit.  Glad that got straightened out.  There also was an ObjectFlow file that needed updated and ORBX did release the update about a week or so ago.  Maybe you were thinking of that, too. 

Thanks.

Jeff

I found that if you update either just the client, or the client and the content, then switching to a region in FTX Central and back to global will force a rewrite of the terrain.cfg file and have you back in operation. 

If you install the scenery update, then FTXG (and UTX) needs to be reinstalled.  I just ran the FTXGlobal 1.40 installer again after running the v3.2 scenery.msi (and rebooting).  I didn't uninstall FTXG before rerunning the installer and all seems copacetic.

Regards

Thanks for all replies - most helpful - I decided to do a re-install to be on the safe side :)