Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Blurry in distance and ring of autogen...any fix?

From my coding experience you can do both, it just depends on how well optimized your software is. I'm planning on upgrading my GPU but not so sure if that's going to do anything.

From my coding experience you can do both, it just depends on how well optimized your software is. I'm planning on upgrading my GPU but not so sure if that's going to do anything.

Maybe not depends on what gpu you have now - I dont see issue with distance that bothers me to much thanks to PTA but agreed it could be a bit better - Titan X here which doesnt hurt

Rich Sennett

I have a GTX770 and planning on upgrading to a 1070. Will that make a difference? My actual card is maxed at 100% in complex sceneries.

I have a GTX770 and planning on upgrading to a 1070. Will that make a difference? My actual card is maxed at 100% in complex sceneries.

Yes it will for sure - thats an old card - havent compared 1070 to 1080 - you probably have - for me it will always be a Titan X either what I have now in sli some day or the new Pascal version stand alone at first - thinking the new Pascal when the prices are normal

From quick search from a review site:   GTX 1070 – it's a little more affordable than GTX 1080 and it's still going to be an absolute beast

Rich Sennett

Yeah the prices are ridiculous, that's what's holding me off for a little while. Back on topic, which parameters in PTA can be played with to make the draw distance less noticeable? I do have a preset that I found here on avsim but it doesn't help. Maybe it's also because I have ground shadows on which makes it more apparent.

This problem of the blurry textures and lack of any detail beyond a certain range has been raised many times on the LM P3D forums.

I was not very aware of it in P3D v1.4.  Some changes were made with v2  but I am much more aware of it since changing to v3.2.

I believe originally it had something to do with reducing autogen popping, but many users were not happy with the results.   

There have also been many complaints about the way closer scenery jumps into sharper focus at very short range. This is a different but related issue.

The response from LM on their own forum has been disappointing. It doesn't seem clear whether they accept that these are problems, or if they could or are prepared to do anything about them.

It may be they are just too busy working on a new version.

John B

Yeah the prices are ridiculous, that's what's holding me off for a little while. Back on topic, which parameters in PTA can be played with to make the draw distance less noticeable? I do have a preset that I found here on avsim but it doesn't help. Maybe it's also because I have ground shadows on which makes it more apparent.

Try this one - works pretty nice - hdr on fyi - combination of Youtube (thanks for that) poster Ben Scheiner and few tweaks by me mostly water

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-cAHnyMVBgfN1NBZjNPZlpuaTQ/view?usp=sharing

Rich Sennett