Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Blurry in distance and ring of autogen...any fix?

Now this is ridiculous:

Prepar3D v3.2 – Release Notes

Rendering and Performance Updates

Fixes and Improvements
  • Increased autogen building draw distance

I am not sure if the building autogen radius indeed got smaller, but at least I don't see it improved by any centimeter -  or did I miss something? And I let the simulator make a new prepar3d.cfg at a point and added former adjustments gradually (while I got rid of all the tweaks making more pain than fun).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

No, as far as I can say, you did not miss something, unless I missed it as well ;-) For me, it is really as stated, the autogen radius seems indeed way lower and the reduced lod way more agressive, resulting in blurried textures closer to the aircraft than in 3.1. But as I said, I did not yet let Prepar3d build a new config and I still use the tweaks from 3.1, which might be the culprit on my side. Will test it this evening, but for the moment, I really consider that autogen being worse compared to 3.1.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

No, as far as I can say, you did not miss something, unless I missed it as well ;-) For me, it is really as stated, the autogen radius seems indeed way lower and the reduced lod way more agressive, resulting in blurried textures closer to the aircraft than in 3.1. But as I said, I did not yet let Prepar3d build a new config and I still use the tweaks from 3.1, which might be the culprit on my side. Will test it this evening, but for the moment, I really consider that autogen being worse compared to 3.1.

There is a topic on this over at the Prepar3d forum at the moment.

There is a topic on this over at the Prepar3d forum at the moment.

Could you kindly provide a link? I was looking for such a topic in the Prepar3d forums today and did not find anything suitable. Thank you.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Could you kindly provide a link? I was looking for such a topic in the Prepar3d forums today and did not find anything suitable. Thank you.

if you google... Prepar3d forum it should find it. And it's in the application client..I think. The one with the most posting,

bob

I doubt, as this thread was created way before the release of 3.2. Sorry, I can not find it via google, if you (onebob) already found it, why not posting the link please? I honestly still do not find the corresponding thread in the P3D forums...

Greetings, Chris

I doubt, as this thread was created way before the release of 3.2. Sorry, I can not find it via google, if you (onebob) already found it, why not posting the link please? I honestly still do not find the corresponding thread in the P3D forums...

Your right.. sorry.. the last and most recent thread was post today.  should have looked at the other post dates.  

did'nt post a link as I was not on my computer at the time,  find it difficult on those small devices to copy and paste.

bob 

I just tested with no auto gen no water just:

Level of detail MAX'd,

Tessellation Ultra,

Mesh Resolution MAX'd

Texture Resolution MAX'd

Land detail textures checked

And everything else turned down with a 6700k and Titan X and still have very blurry ground textures.

So annoying

IM

I just tested with no auto gen no water just:

Level of detail MAX'd,

Tessellation Ultra,

Mesh Resolution MAX'd

Texture Resolution MAX'd

Land detail textures checked

Assume your talking in the day time which I never do hows the other times of day ?

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich,

Less obvious during the night and I can live with that after dark, however I just don't get why most of my textures (if not All) are loading blurry. Back in the old days when hardware was weak I would often see clear textures after loading then slowly scenery would deteriorate as the system bottlenecked as we pushed for more eye candy. 

If I load P3d V3.2 without any eye candy except the ground textures to max resolution I'm certainly not bottlenecking anything here with a 6700k and Titan X. The GPU and CPU are almost idle when the sim is paused mid flight and stock aircraft.

Must be an AM thing.

I'm running HT on and AM 85 gives me the best fluid flight, but its so hard to tell as all numbers I've tried are fine and smooth. Non of which stop a complete blurry texture load though.

I do have an UHD TV that perhaps shows more fine detail than I've been use to and 361.91 drivers.

I'm interested to know if the sim should be loading textures clearly at startup at least.

thx

IM

Hi Rich,

Less obvious during the night and I can live with that after dark, however I just don't get why most of my textures (if not All) are loading blurry. Back in the old days when hardware was weak I would often see clear textures after loading then slowly scenery would deteriorate as the system bottlenecked as we 

I agree with you - I am not seeing this distant blurry situation much I am using am=85 also

They should be pretty sharp especially in the first launch as you stated - wonder if its a monitor setup thing - its so hard to give help on this due to all the different settings and monitors out there 

Are you running 2048 textures or even try 4096 - 1024 is a no go for me blurry - play with your graphic settings in P3D menu - you may find something your monitor likes

You could try Fiber addition to cfg if its in there try with out maybe - I use .4 or .5

[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.40

At the moment its not being used as I dont see much of a difference at the moment - but you never know - I also noticed this affects how fast your sim loads - not the initial start - the scenario load

If I think of anything else I will let you know

Rich Sennett

Thanks Rich,

I'll try FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.40, I have tried 50 before but I didn't notice anything different and I assumed this was because I was running Frame Rates unlimited.

Appreciate your replies.

IM

Thanks Rich,

I'll try FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.40, I have tried 50 before but I didn't notice anything different and I assumed this was because I was running Frame Rates unlimited.

Appreciate your replies.

IM

You wrote 50 - you didnt me that right - its .4 or .5 - I use frames unlimited and tweak my sim around that setting - never changing and I mean never - unlimited has always yielded the best results here 

At the moment I am not using fiber entry - but that could change at any time

I am also using DSR now - stutter gone with using lots of night lights - did not like it in windows 7 but seems pretty good in windows 10 for some reason 

DSR 2.0 - 20% smoothing - 4x msaa and 8x ansio and fxaa=off and Vsync=on and triple buffering=off and widescreen ticked on  -   getting some distant light shimmering but I will figure that out - actually kind of looks realistic as distant lights actually do this 

On 32" Benq lcd monitor 

Rich Sennett