Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Blurry in distance and ring of autogen...any fix?

The ring of autogen is quite real. I made a quick video of what it looks like in the Amazon. This is at the max LOD with no tweaks to the prepar3d.cfg.

Very interesting - well done both distances are not very good - eye opening for sure

Rich Sennett

What visibility do you use folks?  Many pictures that I've looked at show the scenery at an unlimited visibility, which is simply very unrealistic. If you use unlimited visibility, the autogen ring radius will appear in an obvious manner. If you limit your visibility to 20 miles (which is a much more realistic value in most regions even under clear weather), the terrain outside the radius will fade. In very few real-world situations will you observe a visibility of more than 30 miles.

Just watch some takeoff videos on Youtube to see what I am talking about.

What visibility do you use folks?  Many pictures that I've looked at show the scenery at an unlimited visibility, which is simply very unrealistic. If you use unlimited visibility, the autogen ring radius will appear in an obvious manner. If you limit your visibility to 20 miles (which is a much more realistic value in most regions even under clear weather), the terrain outside the radius will fade. In very few real-world situations will you observe a visibility of more than 30 miles.

This is for sure correct, but the problem here, at least for me, is: this ring was far less prominent before the update to 3.2, and the blurried textures outside this ring are even a brand new experience. Fact is, that even using real weather with REX4 and FSGRW, in v3.2, this ring is extremly obvious compared to the earlier versions. And I stick to my statement: what we see now is the reason why most of us have an increased performance.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Fact is, that even using real weather with REX4 and FSGRW, in v3.2, this ring is extremly obvious compared to the earlier versions.

Not seeing this personally. There has always been a obvious cut off point with the autogen, and comparing shots from v2 through to v3.2 that distance seems the same. I'm extending the tree distance to its max, but the difference is not that huge.

How do you set the visibility distance?  Are you setting this in ASN?  I have to check my settings but I think I have 50 or 60 miles min and up to 100 max but I think that is the cloud draw distance not the visibility distance.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

How do you set the visibility distance?  Are you setting this in ASN?  I have to check my settings but I think I have 50 or 60 miles min and up to 100 max but I think that is the cloud draw distance not the visibility distance.

If you use a Weather scheme, goto Weather, button to Custom weather, then  Advanced Weather (or similar from my head). There's a dropbox.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Somewhat late to the party, but this still seems to be a thing with v3.35. I also see a ring of autogen and in the distance everything is blurred. No matter what setting I set my LOD radius at, the ring always stays the same size.

It's kinda lame, looks to me like LOD 4.5 in FSX is bigger than LOD 6.5 in P3D..

That may well be true but you only have half the bells and whistles in FSX - no thanks PTA takes care of a lot of that anyway 

Rich Sennett

That may well be true but you only have half the bells and whistles in FSX - no thanks PTA takes care of a lot of that anyway 

That's true, P3D has a lot more to offer but it still has a long way to go I think. If LM is going to fix the LOD issue and increase performance I'd be more than happy.

That's true, P3D has a lot more to offer but it still has a long way to go I think. If LM is going to fix the LOD issue and increase performance I'd be more than happy.

Fixing software and having the PC horsepower to run it is to different stories it may be the latter not P3D - give and take as they say - just another way of looking at it - how can LM add all of these new features and still keeping in mind your PC has to run more goodies -  I will take goodies every time - if something suffers so be it - hence FSX in the dumpster 

Rich Sennett