Bert Pieke

Change Altimeter from mbar to inHG

Recommended Posts

Just found this:

 

You can edit the panel.cfg file:

gauge08=GAUGEC2!Gauge_ALTIMETER_DIGITAL,             0,   0,269,269

replace by

gauge08=GAUGEC2!Gauge_ALTIMETER_DIGITAL inHG,             0, 0,269,269

 

Note:  Be sure to include the space between DIGITAL and inHG!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just found this:

 

You can edit the panel.cfg file:

 

gauge08=GAUGEC2!Gauge_ALTIMETER_DIGITAL,             0,   0,269,269

 

replace by

 

gauge08=GAUGEC2!Gauge_ALTIMETER_DIGITAL inHG,             0, 0,269,269

 

Note:  Be sure to include the space between DIGITAL and inHG!

Thank you, Bert! That altimeter setting always bugged me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rats! The panel edit doesn't work for me - just get an empty reading on the gauge, and yes, I put in the space  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I wanted to inform whoever made this fix, that it does not work for me. I put the space, and everything but still no luck. Is there another way to change it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had another look.. and found that I skipped over a rather important part of the process. 

Sorry about that  :blush:

You need to open up the altimeter_digital gauge,  replace one section which is commented out, by another and save it as gauge_altimeter_ digital in hg.xml...

     
        <Element id="ALTIMETER_INHG">
            <FloatPosition>230.000,270.000</FloatPosition>
            <Visibility>(A:CIRCUIT GENERAL PANEL ON, bool)</Visibility>
            <GaugeText id="ALT_INHG">
                <Bright>True</Bright>
                <FontColor>burlywood</FontColor>
                <FontFace>LCD_Mono</FontFace>
                <FontHeight>40</FontHeight>
            <GaugeString>%((A:KOHLSMAN SETTING HG:2, inHg))%!5.2f!</GaugeString>
            <HorizontalAlign>LEFT</HorizontalAlign>
                <Size>200,40</Size>
                <Transparent>True</Transparent>
            </GaugeText>
        </Element>

<!--  
        <Element id="ALTIMETER_MBAR">
            <FloatPosition>250.000,265.000</FloatPosition>
            <Visibility>(A:CIRCUIT GENERAL PANEL ON, bool)</Visibility>
            <GaugeText id="ALT_MBAR">
                <Bright>True</Bright>
                <FontColor>burlywood</FontColor>
                <FontFace>LCD_Mono</FontFace>
                <FontHeight>40</FontHeight>
            <GaugeString>%((A:KOHLSMAN SETTING MB:2,mbar))%!4d!</GaugeString>
            <HorizontalAlign>LEFT</HorizontalAlign>
                <Size>200,40</Size>
                <Transparent>True</Transparent>
            </GaugeText>
        </Element>

-->

Maybe easier to send me a PM with your email address and I can send you the edited file..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2017 at 11:24 PM, Bert Pieke said:

I just had another look.. and found that I skipped over a rather important part of the process. 

Sorry about that  :blush:

You need to open up the altimeter_digital gauge,  replace one section which is commented out, by another and save it as gauge_altimeter_ digital in hg.xml...

     
        <Element id="ALTIMETER_INHG">
            <FloatPosition>230.000,270.000</FloatPosition>
            <Visibility>(A:CIRCUIT GENERAL PANEL ON, bool)</Visibility>
            <GaugeText id="ALT_INHG">
                <Bright>True</Bright>
                <FontColor>burlywood</FontColor>
                <FontFace>LCD_Mono</FontFace>
                <FontHeight>40</FontHeight>
            <GaugeString>%((A:KOHLSMAN SETTING HG:2, inHg))%!5.2f!</GaugeString>
            <HorizontalAlign>LEFT</HorizontalAlign>
                <Size>200,40</Size>
                <Transparent>True</Transparent>
            </GaugeText>
        </Element>

<!--  
        <Element id="ALTIMETER_MBAR">
            <FloatPosition>250.000,265.000</FloatPosition>
            <Visibility>(A:CIRCUIT GENERAL PANEL ON, bool)</Visibility>
            <GaugeText id="ALT_MBAR">
                <Bright>True</Bright>
                <FontColor>burlywood</FontColor>
                <FontFace>LCD_Mono</FontFace>
                <FontHeight>40</FontHeight>
            <GaugeString>%((A:KOHLSMAN SETTING MB:2,mbar))%!4d!</GaugeString>
            <HorizontalAlign>LEFT</HorizontalAlign>
                <Size>200,40</Size>
                <Transparent>True</Transparent>
            </GaugeText>
        </Element>

-->

Maybe easier to send me a PM with your email address and I can send you the edited file..

Bert, would you mind sending me this gauge along with a quick run down of how to install? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trans_27 Pilot Chase said:

Bert, would you mind sending me this gauge along with a quick run down of how to install? 

Send me a PM with your email address, and I'll try to remember what it it was that I did... :happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Send me a PM with your email address, and I'll try to remember what it it was that I did... :happy:

Sent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now