Sign in to follow this  
cmdn

MCP/ pedestal light

Hi,

I noticed that on my 777 when I change the MCP and pedestal light ( during taxi/ flight) the background scenery freezes by the time I am changing the lights.

Is that normal ? Do you have any idea where does it come from ?

Thanks

Chris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Chris,

It is a known issue recently discovered.  It has been submitted to the team to review but it is odd because it didn't exist until the most recent updates for FSX-SE and P3D and nothing changed in the lighting control programming.

Hi,

I noticed that on my 777 when I change the MCP and pedestal light ( during taxi/ flight) the background scenery freezes by the time I am changing the lights.

Is that normal ? Do you have any idea where does it come from ?

Thanks

Chris

Funny you should mention this. I haven't flown the T7 for a long time, recently did a complete uninstall of the old version then downloaded the latest and installed and noticed the same behavior. I don't remember it happening on the first version however I didn't fly it at night very often and wasn't adjusting those lights.

A few nights ago I was when I first noticed it while I was sitting on the ground and some airport vehicles were driving by while I was adjusting those lights and I noticed that everything stuttered while doing so. The other cockpit light adjustments didn't cause the stutters just those that you mentioned.

Will be interesting to see if it can be fixed.

Sean Campbell

Btw, I'm running FSX boxed SP2.

Funny you should mention this. I haven't flown the T7 for a long time, recently did a complete uninstall of the old version then downloaded the latest and installed and noticed the same behavior. I don't remember it happening on the first version however I didn't fly it at night very often and wasn't adjusting those lights.

A few nights ago I was when I first noticed it while I was sitting on the ground and some airport vehicles were driving by while I was adjusting those lights and I noticed that everything stuttered while doing so. The other cockpit light adjustments didn't cause the stutters just those that you mentioned.

Will be interesting to see if it can be fixed.

Sean Campbell

It's the same for me, I reinstalled everything couple of days ago, and this problem appeared ( I don't remember having this issue last year ..). the things is they did not change anything about the lighting system since the last update .. I wonder if P3d T7 version has the same problem.

Anyway hope they'll fix that soon , it is a little odd and frustrating !

Chris