Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Rex products

I just got an email from simplanet stating that REX products are 60% off.

Wow. I am just curious if this may be an indication of new releases coming soon.

The prices are great, but if there is something on the near horizon I would

like to wait. Anyone have any input?

Bob

Only Rex thing I own is the soft clouds.  I don't own any of the texture direct software as I'm using the sky and sun mods that are listed here:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Gabriel+Joaquim+Teles+Rodrigues&CatID=root&Go=Search

I would like to change some of my runway textures, maybe Texture Direct may help with this and not overwrite my current sun and sky mods.

Can I just use the runway textures and nothing else?

Only Rex thing I own is the soft clouds.  I don't own any of the texture direct software as I'm using the sky and sun mods that are listed here:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Gabriel+Joaquim+Teles+Rodrigues&CatID=root&Go=Search

I would like to change some of my runway textures, maybe Texture Direct may help with this and not overwrite my current sun and sky mods.

I would think that that you would have complete control over what category of textures you wish to add. That seems like a basic product requirement IMO.

I use another product without runway textures, but there is clouds, sky and water, but you can control which of those you wish to install as

well as the texture size options. So, Rex I am sure has the same functions.

Bob

Thanks for your reply.  Rex Essential PLUS with OverDrive also just has textures.  Confused which one to buy.  Both Overdrive and Rex Texture Direct both have textures, I see that Overdrive has a weather engine which I don't need since I already have OPUS.  Anyways I have some reading to do, thanks for the link to the sale N1G, appreciate it

Thanks for your reply.  Rex Essential PLUS with OverDrive also just has textures.  Confused which one to buy.  Both Overdrive and Rex Texture Direct both have textures, I see that Overdrive has a weather engine which I don't need since I already have OPUS.  Anyways I have some reading to do, thanks for the link to the sale N1G, appreciate it

You would want to choose REX4 imo as it loads textures instantly - Overdrive is a bit painful - for your purpose REX4 would be perfect - this product also has killer thunderstorm audio files and wet runway texture

As for your question on what textures to load - you can un-click any of the textures you do not want to use in sim

Rich Sennett

You would want to choose REX4 imo as it loads textures instantly - Overdrive is a bit painful - for your purpose REX4 would be perfect - this product also has killer thunderstorm audio files and wet runway texture

Richard,

When you say loads textures instantly vs Overdrive. Why is overdrive a bit painful?

Thanks

Bob

Richard,

When you say loads textures instantly vs Overdrive. Why is overdrive a bit painful?

Thanks

Bob

Takes a long time to inject - way longer than REX4 - I would like to go back to it meaning I would use both but cant deal with the injection time involved - maybe this has been addressed - not sure

Rich Sennett

Takes a long time to inject - way longer than REX4 - I would like to go back to it meaning I would use both but cant deal with the injection time involved - maybe this has been addressed - not sure

IT seems REX4 TD replaces textures, but when you say inject, that sounds dynamic, like it happens after the sim loads or something.

Sorry, I sometimes get a little anal LOL

Bob

Richard

Richard, as you might be aware I'm rebuilding my FSX and a new P3Dv3 build.

I have REX Essentials + OD.  But have to buy a license for P3D.

I don't actually know what difference is between what I have and REX4.  Is it essentially the same thing?

I seem to me that I need my REX essentials + OD for all the other texture sets but then use REX4 for the weather injector.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

IT seems REX4 TD replaces textures, but when you say inject, that sounds dynamic, like it happens after the sim loads or something.

Sorry, I sometimes get a little anal LOL

Bob

No sorry maybe bad choice of words - inject means loads textures into your sim before you start sim - just replaces textures in your texture folder

Richard

Richard, as you might be aware I'm rebuilding my FSX and a new P3Dv3 build.

I have REX Essentials + OD.  But have to buy a license for P3D.

I don't actually know what difference is between what I have and REX4.  Is it essentially the same thing?

I seem to me that I need my REX essentials + OD for all the other texture sets but then use REX4 for the weather injector.

The difference is not much - textures are optimized for P3D in REX4 much faster load times to get textures loaded to sim folders - I would go with REX4 for P3D - REX4 does not inject weather - REX is working on a new weather program 

Rich Sennett

I have both REX4 and REX Essentials and I don't really get what's different either. I currently only have REX4 installed.

REX4 was released after Essentials, but it doesn't seem to "build upon" Essentials - it has its own set of features and textures. Unfortunately you can't integrate REX4 and REX Essentials like you can do with REX4 and Soft Clouds.

One thing I absolutely don't like about REX4 are the sky colors - they're melodramatic and unnatural, and the haze in particular looks really strange. But I'm not sure I want to install the entire Essentials package (10 GB?) just to try out a few sky colors...

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Unfortunately you can't integrate REX4 and REX Essentials like you can do with REX4 and Soft Clouds.

No  you cant  but  if  you have  rexe  and  rex4   you can mix  and max   the  textures  you like  from the  2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yesterday i had alot of popcorn clouds around LGTS. I was under the impression that this was fixed in REX4?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Just ordered the Textures, which are on sale for $12.95 US. Probably will only use runways and a few other things. 

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=2703

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Wow just installed the Textures Direct HD and cannot believe the difference it makes in P3D. I love the runway and taxiway textures, thunderstorm sounds, lightning effects, airport sign changes,  etc The combinations of textures is huge.. All for $12.. Unbelievable. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310