Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Who knows the corporate jet Morgan Freeman uses in the Natl Geo series?

Morgan Freeman is flying all over the world in a new Natl Geo series entitled "The Story of God". Does anyone know the make and model of the corporate jet he is using? Looks like one of the Hawkers to me, but I am not that savvy on Hawkers. Just curious.

Best Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi Ray,

I know he has/had a Baron - not sure of the jet though...

Coincidence - I was clicking around on Flight Aware a week or so ago and just so happen to click on an Embraer going from KLAX to PANC - seemed unusual and piqued my curiosity - had an exotic paint job and a "Jackie" on the tail... Looked it up - Jackie Chan's plane... Some paint job - check it out...

Best of luck on your search...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

This aircraft is actually better known under the name of Swearingen - from the name of it's original designer. 

SJ30 had a very painful birth including a deadly crash during certification (due to errors in design), company went bankrupt more than once, changed ownership, etc.

This is probably a prime example how challenging and costly is process of developing and certifying a new jet but the aircraft has some amazing

performance capabilities. I don't know how well it sells though.

Looked it up - SyberJet - never heard of it...

N30GZ

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SyberJet_SJ30

Regards,

Scott

This aircraft is actually better known under the name of Swearingen - from the name of it's original designer. 

SJ30 had a very painful birth including a deadly crash during certification (due to errors in design), company went bankrupt more than once, changed ownership, etc.

This is probably a prime example how challenging and costly is process of developing and certifying a new jet but the aircraft has some amazing

performance capabilities. I don't know how well it sells though.

I know that Morgan Freeman owns the SJ30, but I don't think he would be using his personal plane for the Nat Geo series. I think the G-3 might be the one. I am going to pay more attention next Sunday night because they usually show quick looks of the plane.

Thanks guys. Found this image in one of the trailers. Looks like a Gulfstream G350 to me. Dual wheels all around, winglets, pointy nose, T- tail, 6 large oval windows on the left side, really large diameter engine inlets, Gulfstream style entry ladder. All match the G350.

The SJ30 is the bottom pic.

Regards,

Ray

morgan freeman two.JPG

SJ-30.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .