Sign in to follow this  
jlohrenz

Download nightmare

I've been using p3d 2.5 for quite some time and a few weeks ago bought p3d version 3. Since then I've been fighting with downloading it from their servers. I've been only successful on the few individual downloads that are under a gig in size. The majority of the larger files I've never been able to get the md5 to match what they say it should be. I've tried different browsers, different download managers, etc. To no avail. I need some help! I've searched and tried many suggestions but I'm thinking my isp (line of sight over the air isp) just isn't good quality. Any chance a fellow sumer could get me a dvd or something? I'm at my whit''s end with this and am frustrated every day return downloading, only to wait hours and find out none of the md5s match...ugh. I should add this is the academic version...not sure that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance

Aside from EULA restrictions, I believe each download is watermarked for each customer.

You are going to have to contact support at LM. or goto a place with a line connection.

Sorry.

Ramón.
Time, is the one thing no one can buy.
ovbe94a9nab0bbc6g.jpg

Use a download manager. Internet Download Manager is a good choice. Google it for links.

Jay Bloomfield

What kind of internet connection are you on?  Try restart routers, cable modems or other network equipment you have.

Try a different computer.  Try downloading from another site (find a big file from avsim.com or download.cnet.com).  Some isps have a test file you can download from their ftp server to show that the connection is at least good to you.

Do you have a laptop you can somewhere (i.e. Starbucks) that you can download from?

Try running this test http://www.pingtest.net/ 

And also http://www.howtogeek.com/139876/how-can-i-effectively-conduct-a-performance-test-of-my-internet-connection/

And call your isp to complain.

i7 4790k @ 4.3 ghz AsRock Z97 Extreme4 G.Skil 8 gig 1600 Samsung 840 Pro EVGA 1070 GF-TQ and various other GF CH Yoke and pedals

Thanks for the tips. I've been in IT for over 20 years so I've tried about every option already. Talked to the isp too and everything tests out OK and I have no issues downloading files that are under 1gb, and even larger from other sites. Guess I will go hit up a coffee shop or something then.

Maybe they've simply got the wrong md5's published on their site. I believe the files are zipped, so if they extract successfully, they files are undamaged (zip has built-in CRC check).

Also, definitely use a download manager (I use Free Download Manager since it's open source).

Asus Prime X370-Pro / Ryzen 7 1800X / 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz / Asus GTX 1070 Turbo
Fractal Design XL R2 / Phanteks PH-TC14PE / Corsair CX650M
2 TB SSD / 4 TB HDD

I've been IT since... o heck, forever, we all forget "did you try xyz?"  "o crap ya, let me try it!"  :Party:

i7 4790k @ 4.3 ghz AsRock Z97 Extreme4 G.Skil 8 gig 1600 Samsung 840 Pro EVGA 1070 GF-TQ and various other GF CH Yoke and pedals