Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Toposim Terrain Mesh

Great thanks. I will give it another go, and do some research into the bit torrent thing with Tixati.

Thanks again for your help!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Great thanks. I will give it another go, and do some research into the bit torrent thing with Tixati.

Thanks again for your help!

No problem. If you do get it working, then I recommend you get patches 1.05 and 1.06. You can pick and download the Africa segments in the patches if you use Bittorrent too. Bittorrent is a nice tool for moving large file sets around.

No problem. If you do get it working, then I recommend you get patches 1.05 and 1.06. You can pick and download the Africa segments in the patches if you use Bittorrent too. Bittorrent is a nice tool for moving large file sets around.

Above and beyond the Call of Duty Mr Moser! :Applause:  Now if THAT isn't Customer Service then I don't know what is!! 

• Upvote 1

I think this is the old owner of FSGenesis that has since re-started this new business as Toposim.  Don't recall all the details.  But, when he was FSGenesis, they were good.  I still use his FSGenesis versions to this day.  So, assuming he's using at least the same techniques/data, they should be at least as good, if not better.

I too continue to use the FSGenesis USA mesh from 2012 (vers 7.0.6.1).

Has there been any notes from Toposim as to how their recent releases compare to the above.

for now, cheers

john martin

I have used Toposim and it's every  bit as good and better than the old FSGenesis product. It is my mesh of choice, Justin has always done quality work.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi,

If Toposim is the same FSGenesis owner, BEWARE!!!. I had a lifetime membership to FSGenesis and he left us holding the bag so to speak, same as PSS.

I think this is the old owner of FSGenesis that has since re-started this new business as Toposim.  Don't recall all the details.  But, when he was FSGenesis, they were good.  I still use his FSGenesis versions to this day.  So, assuming he's using at least the same techniques/data, they should be at least as good, if not better.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

Been on their site numerous times, he has changed his website more than once with customer data as well as forum data getting lost. Logged into my account a long time ago and there is NOTHING in my account, I was a Galaxy Lifetime Member, paid and have done without for YEARS waiting on FSGENESIS!

Still have my original mailed CDs v.1.0 as well as my original DVDs v1.01, as old and as outdated as they may be. Some actually had to be replaced because the label with the data actually peeled off the plastic disc itself.

There has been noting in my account for years and I have notified FSGenesis of this fact, nothing has been done. So they create a service agreement that disallows Lifetime membership and sends us packing. That was the response I got.

This is from TWO Years ago, right here on AVSIM about FSGenesis: http://www.avsim.com/topic/436169-help-needed-fsgenesis/?hl=fsgenesis

Response from FSGenesis:

A staff member has replied to your question: Dear Galaxy Membership Customer, When FSGenesis was started 10+ years ago, nearly all of the data that we used came from publicly available sources, and therefore had no legal agreements or royalties associated with its use. However, to get the very highest quality data for our products, FSGenesis made a move approximately 3-4 years ago to begin purchasing and licensing these higher-detailed data sets to produce amazingly high quality scenery. Starting at this time, no new Galaxy Memberships were offered for sale on our website any longer.  There are 2 important points that need to be mentioned: 1st – Because the terms of the Galaxy Membership violate our service agreements with those that now supply the data used to create our high-quality Flight Simulator terrain, we are forced to discontinue all aspects of the Galaxy Memberships going forward. We understand this was not the original promise, and we are sorry to go back on that initial position. However, even the newest Galaxy members have had well over 2 years of all-you-can-eat content, which we hope has been a very fair trade. Unfortunately, we will not be able to grant access to any previously downloaded or un-downloaded content. 2nd – The Galaxy Membership program ultimately led to the financial collapse of the original FSGenesis company. There is now a new management team, and we are trying rebuild the structure of the company to be financially viable and continue to bring you the quality and service you are used to. Unfortunately, unlimited software downloads of all products on our website is not something that we can offer any longer. Nor could any company that hopes to stay in business. We hope you can understand our position on this matter, and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause you. This does not pertain to the items purchased outside of the memberships. Unfortunately we are not able at this time to automatically import previous purchases into your account on the new site though and they will have to be entered manually. Please provide us with a list of the products ordered in the last year or so along with the order number. We will attempt to verify these purchases. Once verified, we can add these purchases to your account as soon as possible. Be sure you have created an account on the new site with your complete name, address and e-mail address so we can properly add the titles to your account. Unfortunately, orders from before 2011 are not be eligible for reactivation on the new site. The ticket system has just been repaired. Thanks, FSGenesis Team

END QUOTE

I was unaware it was the same gentleman who owned the company, I thought it was sold. Maybe a class action suit (not sure how many units were sold, might not be possible) from all former Lifetime members that no longer have access to data needs to happen. I'm going to look into this, I'll keep you posted... I'm tired of getting ripped off.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

That message is from the NEW management of FSGenesis. Justin has no connection with FSGenesis and Toposim is honoring the Galaxy memberships. When I recently contacted Justin, my membership was reinstated without issue. 

I suggest you post on his new forum and get it squared away.  http://www.toposim.net/forum/forums/

FWIW, even though I have the GM, I usually donate every now and then. 

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi,

I click on the website to log in and it does nothing, flashes and goes back to the same page... No error, no wrong password message, no nothing. This is in both Firefox and IE.

That message is from the NEW management of FSGenesis. Justin has no connection with FSGenesis and Toposim is honoring the Galaxy memberships. When I recently contacted Justin, my membership was reinstated without issue. 

I suggest you post on his new forum and get it squared away.  http://www.toposim.net/forum/forums/

FWIW, even though I have the GM, I usually donate every now and then. 

Strange - did you clear your browser cache? I just clicked it now and got to the main forum login screen using both chrome/w10 and Edge. If you have no luck, I'll see if I can message Justin to PM you here. Let me know.

Vic

Hi Vic,

No luck on both browsers on his site, browsers work everywhere else. Would appreciate the help, thanks Vic.

You're welcome Mike - just dropped Justin a note.

Vic