Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Discussion of HDR & Bloom in P3D

@sightseer:  What current settings & tweaks do you use to get the look you like right now?

(i enjoy trying out what others are doing)

Novation - I was talking about HDR on when I said that clouds don't have as much color. They do have color. they have more color with HDR off than on.

Ah yes ok, this is the case for sure.

I've got some of the sun directional shadow back by altering the getscreenposition section in the cloud.fx shader. You may well have tried this tweak before, but this is my version of the modded shader. The light/dark and colour values have also been changed to more closely resemble FSX or early versions of v2.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3fjcn6ut16a6aoa/Cloud.fx

I'm not saying its perfect, but its better than the default. It works well with Navids sky textures for dawn/dusk.

@sightseer:  What current settings & tweaks do you use to get the look you like right now?

I'm not really using any tweaks to speak of. I changed the day exposure to .38 in the config file but other than that its just sky and cloud textures working together (and that's nowhere near perfect either).

and then at sunset Ive not yet found what I like. turning HDR off seems best for those times.

I like to run as close to default as I can for simplicities sake.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.