Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

the strange thing is, when I move the camera, the shadows come in or disapear.

It's an issue of P3D.

Added:

I saw a new questions about weird look of scene, clouds, shadows, etc.

In general it's quite easy to separate the P3D issues from PTA bugs. When something goes wrong, just save the situation, and close the sim. Then use PTA menu command "Restore original P3D shaders".

After that start sim, load the saved sitiation and you will see is it a P3D or PTA issue.

regards,

• Upvote 1

Guys can PTA set a more orange/red and stronger sunlight on the terrain during dusk/dawn?

Like this:

• Upvote 1

Yuri: I may be wrong but I thought in very early versions of PTA, you could open up more than one instance of it. I'm pretty sure it was the case because I thought I remember opening up at least two different instances so that I could compare various presets that I had downloaded.

Now, in 2.10, I cannot. Is there either a hack or a way to add this functionality? I'm essentially looking for some consensus among various preset pros but comparing values outside of the GUI (in the .ini files themselves) is making me cross-eyed.

Yuri: I may be wrong but I thought in very early versions of PTA, you could open up more than one instance of it. I'm pretty sure it was the case because I thought I remember opening up at least two different instances so that I could compare various presets that I had downloaded.

Hi Garrett!

You're right. I blocked the ability to start multiple instance of the tool since 2.00 to avoid some unwanted effects. But it can be useful.

Today I deployed the "new" PTA 2.10. Download the new PTA archive and use the special key in command line or shortcut properties.

If you need start the additional instance of PTA (for example, to compare presets in PTA GUI), add a special key "+instance" to start command or shortcut properties. I.e. "PTA.exe +instance".

Regards,

Guys can PTA set a more orange/red and stronger sunlight on the terrain during dusk/dawn?

No, PTA don't provide such adjustments in lighting caused by Rayleigh scattering. But some texture artists add this effect in their sky textures. For example try the stunning Ultimate Realism Pack's sky.

If you need start the additional instance of PTA (for example, to compare presets in PTA GUI), add a special key "+instance" to start command or shortcut properties. I.e. "PTA.exe +instance".

Yuri: why are you so awesome and amazing?

Yuri: why are you so awesome and amazing?

Garrett: why the dog on your avatar is so seriuos?

Garrett: why the dog on your avatar is so seriuos?

Lol, he's actually the friendliest dog on the planet. He's just peeved that I fly so much and don't take him to the dog park to goof off.

Seriously, you have breathed new life into P3D (which by default is so dull) and your customer service--especially for a donation-ware app--is something almost all payware developers should take lessons from.

A huge thank you, sir.

Lol, he's actually the friendliest dog on the planet. He's just peeved that I fly so much and don't take him to the dog park to goof off.

:BigGrin:

Seriously, you have breathed new life into P3D (which by default is so dull) and your customer service--especially for a donation-ware app--is something almost all payware developers should take lessons from.

A huge thank you, sir.

Thanks a lot for a kind words and support PTA project, Garrett!

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

is it possible to change a color/tone (called HUE in photo editors) of the night urban areas. see the pic below. left side is default.

uoxNa.jpg

is it possible to change a color/tone (called HUE in photo editors) of the night urban areas. see the pic below. left side is default.

Try the Saturation parameter for Urban areas lighting at night tweak.

no I dont mean saturation. this parameter will saturate existing colors. but what I want is to change the tone of a color. to make yellow parts of a texture a bit warmer. 

no I dont mean saturation. this parameter will saturate existing colors. but what I want is to change the tone of a color. to make yellow parts of a texture a bit warmer. 

You might want to try playing with the Post-processing filter "Vibrance" that can boost specific RGB values. Either that, or the "Technicolor" or "Tonemap" filters - both of which allow separate RGB tweaking. Set DayNightUse to 2.

The other way to do it might be to grab my "21_10" preset then re-enable the Post-processing "Sepia" filter, which I used to inject some more blue into night-time/moonlight. It's set for DayNightUse 2 (night only) - with XYZ values corresponding to RGB.

The problem with all three of these "solutions" is that they'll colour the complete scene - regardless of whether it's sky, terrain or aircraft.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I understand what you need.

Actually the saturation parameter in this tweak works not like the "ordinary" saturation.

While you increase it, the color become warmer (red tint) with less brightness.

To compensate brightness loss after that, slightly increase the brightness.

Hi,

Finally I decided to try PTA tool.

Ok, I run PTA.exe, clicked Apply but..... I have black screen. Nothing more. My P3D (htfix3) gone....

No menu at the start, black screen, I did also restore backup - cfg and shaders - the same now   :sad: .

10 minutes and black screen exists. Any idea?

Nowy-2JPG_awwhsqh.jpg

Nowy-2JPG_awwhahh.jpg

When I hit Esc I can take New scenario but no map for example and black screen also.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.