Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

C-130 has been released

Guest Blazer

Hello..I was interested in the C130 when CS first announced it's development(2yrs ago I think)but for some reason or another I have lost interest.I will wait and see what the feedback is on this product as I'am sure other Flight Simmers are doing. I won't say that I will not purchase it but for now if I was to invest in another expensive addon my preferece would be the Majestic Dash 8-300.The feedback i read in these forums is very helpful and influences my decisions with regards to addons. Thanks for the input. Regards..TH

Hee Hee.Does sound like a part of the anatomy doesn't it. Hope it has no real world application.Best of luck (and health)RTH

Guest mikealpha

>> I think I'll just take John's word for itYes, me too. John said the same thing regarding the 707 Beta test (product release much to the surprise of the testers). Seeing the state of the 707, it is very likely it's true. Mike

>John (AKA Boeng_Fixer) is not CS current tester. Yes, he>received the very C-130 first beta in August. But since we did>not receive any bug reports from him, he has been dismissed>from the beta team. Therefore, he has not recived betas #2 and>#3 that had been tested extensively by number of highly>qualified testes. >>The above means, John's comments on the C-130 product do not>have any ground to be considered seriously. Hi CS PR,Get real and find your facts. I did test and post a beta report on 19Aug05. Care for me to post a portion of it here to jog your memory? After not hearing any input from CS on the test forum, I decided, on my own accord, to remove myself from the test group, not CS. I decided to have no part as it was looking like you will make the same mistakes as the 707.The following words from Clayton Dopke, AKA B52Drivr, also on the Beta team, gives credence to the fact there was no Beta #2 and #3. 18Oct05(yesterday)>I too was wondering when they were going to give the Beta team >another crack at the many faults we pointed out to them . . . Oh, >that's right, we're dealing with CS here, I guess the beta IS the >final release.If you are trying to regain your credibility by slinging lie stained mud in my face, think again.Oh, BTW, where's my release copy for sending in a report? :-lolCheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanic

Hi Alex and Mike,Thanks for the support! It's appreciated.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanic

Hi Everyone,After being left HIGH-AND-DRY with the B707, I'm not touching this addon aircraft, regardless of the cost!!!.You want me back as a customer, FIX the 707!.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest Dakota

I too was interested in the C-130, but I have 51 good reasons not to buy it,oh!, and the 707 makes it 52. No support forum makes it 53. They are asking way too much for the quality offered. I am also confused, in the info on the CS web page they talk about a C-130 standard package and a pro package. Which is this $51.30 package? If it is the standard package, does the pro package come later?

:-) :-) :-) :-beerchug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Hi,>After being left HIGH-AND-DRY with the B707, I'm not touching>this addon aircraft, regardless of the cost!!!.I mailed them a dozends of times about the bugs i found in the 707 but didn't even got a response. After that experience i'm not going to buy anthing from them again before they change there way in dealing with customers.>You want me back as a customer, FIX the 707!.100% the same here.best regards,Jan Schreiber

Guest Peter Sidoli

Really everyone is jumping the gun here. If the aircraft is bug ridden and rubbish I am sure that will be the end of CS.If its a masterpiece equivalent to the PMDG 747 or Level D then ???At that price it will have to be very good.I really suggest that we wait till the product is tried either by someone who does go ahead and buy it or until it is properly reviewed.I wont buy it because I am not interested in that type of aircraft but if I was especially from the disaster of their previous release I wouldnt part with money until I was sure I am getting what I expect.No amount of chit chat here will achieve anything until we know how good or bad this release is.Then there will be plenty to say I am sure ;-)Peter

Guest B52Drivr

I sent in more than a 'few' reports, and have yet to recieve my testers copy or any explanation as to a second beta or results of the first -- I want to be fair here, but in just stating the truth, it doesn't sound too cool.Waiting for copy to show up in my mail box and to hear results from guys and gals who buy it. Really waiting to hear if they fixed anything I mentioned.Best,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest SaVas

>Well I thought I would give it a go despite everything that>has been said about it.>>Looks like it could be a mistake, tried to instal it but....>>Number of attempts exeeded the limit.>>You have entered the wrong order number three times and the>system blocked you for an hour. You can try again (not less>then in one hour).>>Thats my first attempt with the order number they supplied!!>>Not the greatest of starts, but hopefully its just a minor>glitch :-grr>>>Phil>>>Boeing 747-400 mechanicReboot your PC, reopen the email and try to reinstall it again.

Guys,Just for the record CS offer the following advice from their support service:Question ID: 338The very FIRST time I tried to install the C-130 and used the "Oreder Number" I was told that I exceeded the legal number of attempts. That was my FIRST attempt. What can I do now? Q: The very FIRST time I tried to install the C-130 and used the "Oreder Number" I was told that I exceeded the legal number of attempts. That was my FIRST attempt. What can I do now?A: First of all, please make sure you are entering correct order number according to Question ID 170: http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/kb.pl?qid=170 If the Order Number is 100% correct, then most likely it's our activation server overload (too many people are trying to connect at the same time). 1. Please try again in one hour (the system blocks the Order Number for one hour) 2. If there's no luck during 24 hrs after the purchase, please report the issue to C130@captainsim.com We are sorry for the temporary inconvenience. From: Legendary C-130 / Download/Installation (QID 338) ------Well it's still doing it but the key bit of info is 'most likely it's our activation server overload (too many people are trying to connect at the same time)'. To be fair CS wouldn't be the first to suffer from release overload.... but it is dissappointing. Jackhttp://www.dolphin-star.net/TCA/Paintshop/ybanner_tca_FM.jpgIntel P4 3.06Ghz 533FSB HT| 2GB Corsair 333Mhz PC2700 DDR | Asus P4P800 Deluxe | 2 x 120GB Maxtor ATA-133| Sapphire ATI 9800pro 128MB | Creative Audigy 2

Jack Ford

I would hope that was a naughty (but not intentional) typo and meant to say "testers"..... Myself, I'm going to wait a bit to see if these installation issues are fixed and what the initial reviews are for the aircraft....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest B1900 Mech

Thank's for the heads up John and Clay:-)