Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01JUN16] PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster Released for X-Plane!

I feel so weird discussing X-plane outside of the X-plane Forum...Way to go PMDG!!

I feel so weird discussing X-plane outside of the X-plane Forum...Way to go PMDG!!

You're not alone...  :wink:

Is it bad that I didn't want to buy X-Plane until an hour ago and now it's the only thing I can think about at the moment?

Is it bad that I didn't want to buy X-Plane until an hour ago and now it's the only thing I can think about at the moment?

Nope, but now you will enter a whole new world of possibilities.

• Upvote 1

Jeezus this plane is not a simple jump in and fly. I been pushing circuit breakers, throwing switches, and finally figured how to move the yoke.

• Upvote 2

Is that price a release promo price or can we expect it to stay the same for the foreseeable future. If so its a much better price than I expected. Thanks :smile:

.....Seriously: Our decision to delay the Mac OS version is because we aren't happy with stability as of this morning. Had it been the other way around, we'd have released the Mac version and held the Windows version......

Rob, thanks for the update on the Mac OS. I'm sure you don't share testing results, but am wondering if what you are chasing on the Mac OS issue is the "phantom" 0.3 fps that seems to plague some Macs and appears to be loosely coupled to complexity of an XP plane.

Thanks for what you are doing for XP. (I was a happy customer in the FSX/P3D world previously :) ). Looking forward to this bird!

Bruce.

I may have forgotten to remove the control lock and crashed about three times cuz I couldn't take off...

After about an hour of messing around pointlessly I sat down, turned off the AFE and began to start the aircraft. Took me a few minutes, but I was able to get all four engines running healthily (I hope!) and the aircraft moving under control. Gotta install it on my laptop so I can practice systems while I'm out of the house, also time to read that manual! Have to say, I love PMDG and am very excited that you guys are over in XP and look forward to what's coming next. The DC6 is a beautiful aircraft, my silly friends are saying I wasted my money because no one flies it any more but it's the best $70 I've spent recently. Thanks PMDG for such an awesome addition to the XP community!

Cheers,

Krikor

• Upvote 2

Is that price a release promo price or can we expect it to stay the same for the foreseeable future. If so its a much better price than I expected. Thanks :smile:

Uh...  hmmm....

Dave, you know...  we were uh.... how much you think?  We uh... yeah...  that was how much...after uh...  right.  Higher.  Yeeeeap.  :P

(No- that is the price...  we aren't planning to change it....)

• Upvote 3

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Jeezus this plane is not a simple jump in and fly. I been pushing circuit breakers, throwing switches, and finally figured how to move the yoke.

Do make sure you read the intro and tutorial - it actually can be fairly simple if you use the AFE to do most of the systems dirty work for you.

• Upvote 2

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Congrats on release! She looks beautiful! I hope whatever hurdles you're facing with Mac OS X won't perhaps put you off taking a look at Linux as its fairly similar. I know its even more of a niche, but yeah I would love it :). No rush though, the publisher Paradox took some release cycles until it fully supported Win/Mac/Lin for day 1 release,

I'll pay you $70 for it, oh wait...:).

Hey!! all issues solved! airplane is installed and I managed to start 1 engine! (then it was bed time, no wait! WAY past bedtime!!)

Thanks again for this magnificent aircraft!

Ps! I found Bob in the toilet, won't disturb him any further, but man is he taking his time! :P

vpa118.png

Rico van Dijk

Congrats on release! She looks beautiful! I hope whatever hurdles you're facing with Mac OS X won't perhaps put you off taking a look at Linux as its fairly similar. I know its even more of a niche, but yeah I would love it :). No rush though, the publisher Paradox took some release cycles until it fully supported Win/Mac/Lin for day 1 release,

I'll pay you $70 for it, oh wait...:).

Matt-

I can't recall if we have said this clearly or not:  We do not plan to support any operating systems beyond Mac OS and Windows.

The linux community makes up about 1% of all X-Plane users- so it is financially impossible for us to venture into that arena...

Sorry!

• Upvote 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Matt-

I can't recall if we have said this clearly or not:  We do not plan to support any operating systems beyond Mac OS and Windows.

The linux community makes up about 1% of all X-Plane users- so it is financially impossible for us to venture into that arena...

Sorry!

No problem, I don't recall seeing it anywhere before so I am happy for the clarification and glad you're not sending any false hopes :).

Again, congrats on the release.