Sign in to follow this  
rstough

A thank you for those at FlightSimCon

I am not sure if this is the right place to be posting this here, but I just wanted to post a few comments and public thank you's about the FlightSimCon show this year.

1.) A HUGE THANK YOU to Nicole, her husband, and ALL the staff that ran the show! What a surpurb job they did - it was so smooth and well organized and extremely professional.

2.) Our hats off to Jetline Systems, who I think supplied almost everyone a machine there, but either way Greg and Ken are the best. They are the nicests people in the world and went out of their way to serve us and many others.  I used the term "serve" for a purpose.  They truly were genuine in their actions and character.  They served us all in many ways.

3.) All the guys that worked so hard to get the news out there to the community about what was going on at the show: D'Andre at AirdailyX.net, Peter Wright at FoogleSim, Jeff Favignano, and there were more, but unfortunately I am so tired I can't remember everyone's name. Thank you guys for your dedication and work to get the word out. You all did a exceptionally professional job.

4.) The developers and the staff we met were top notch and just great people - too many to mention here, but their names are listed on the FSC website. I would also like to mention the virual airlines and the crew with Boston Virtual ARTCC that we met there. Their passion for our hobby is contagious and second to none. Thank you!

FINALLY, last but not least the community as a whole....

5.) The people we met and talked with that represented the community there, were excellent. Great discussions, questions, suggestions, and insights. It was wonderful to hear everyone's experience, heart,and passion for flight simulation.  It was also great to see people from all different age groups and from around the whole. Again thank you all for those who came out to the show. 

If you are able to go next year I would highly recommend it.

We look forward to meeting you all next year.  You made it such a enjoyable experience.

• Upvote 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for showing sky force 3D. That was impressive, You developers have gotten so much out of this old sim.... It really is amazing

I live too far away to go but I was following on Air Daily X.  It was good seeing D'Andre promoting the event and getting people excited as it neared.  News from AirDailyX was cross-posted here from time to time.  Some really interesting stuff going on!

Thanks for showing sky force 3D. That was impressive, You developers have gotten so much out of this old sim.... It really is amazing

Thank you for your kind words.  It is interesting what you just stated about getting so much out of this old sim.  Obviously, Lockheed Martin and now Dovetail are advancing the platform, but it is truly amazing to see what so many have been able to do.  That was a common thought among many of those I personally spoke with at the show.

You all should have seen the VR approach to flight sim by Flyinside.  I didn't get to experience it personally, but there were constant lines at their booth and I heard nothing but incredible things about the experience.

I live too far away to go but I was following on Air Daily X.  It was good seeing D'Andre promoting the event and getting people excited as it neared.  News from AirDailyX was cross-posted here from time to time.  Some really interesting stuff going on!

No worries, totally understand.  I am very glad to see the coverage it was given.  I was not able to see many of the speeches so it gives me an opportunity to go back and review them. 

Well done REX Team - bet you rocked - looking forward to REX video interview - still searching :wink: have a safe trip back - good time coming - cant wait 

No worries, totally understand.  I am very glad to see the coverage it was given.  I was not able to see many of the speeches so it gives me an opportunity to go back and review them. 

Well done REX Team - bet you rocked - looking forward to REX video interview - still searching :wink: have a safe trip back - good time coming - cant wait 

Thank you Richard.  Not sure I want to leave the 70's for 120F in Phoenix this coming week.  May just have to get my family up here.

Thank you Richard.  Not sure I want to leave the 70's for 120F in Phoenix this coming week.  May just have to get my family up here.

Yikes 120 - well at least you have dry heat going for you - run to the AC - take care  :wink: