Sign in to follow this  
LEMDSpotter

FPS improvement going from i7 2600 to i7 6700k

Wow that's great! What CPU are you running?

I guess that makes sense as you've got a massive resolution so GPU bottleneck was likely.

uess that makes sense as you've got a massive resolution so GPU bottleneck was likely.

I currently have the 3770K OCed to 4.5GHz

But I do not see that kind of FPS jump in KSFO with the PMDG 777. Where the CPU is stretched, the FPS gain is not there. I tried reducing the view to 2 monitors and I did not see FPS gain..so the weak link now is the CPU.  So this small GPU vs CPU test is a good one to see where you need to upgrade first...particularly when running multi monitor setup.

The test I did was using Real air Twin in Puerto Rico. The GPS was lacking but I had sufficient CPU... 

But still I am happy for now. I think I can wait for the next Intel CPU. One cycle.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter