Sign in to follow this  
Alleo

MD 11 dont find FSX

Hallo, maybe someone can help me?

I try to install the PMDG MD 11 at my PC with FSX, but this is not possible.

FSX is working but when I try to install ,the Program tell me , he dont find FSX foulder. But FSX working good with all other planes and programs.

I dont can tell, when I try to install what place the FSX folder are, no otionon to install the program at any place, I don`t can chouse the place and HD for installing.

How I can tell MD 11 what Place I like to install?

Thanks, Andy

Hallo, maybe someone can help me?

I try to install the PMDG MD 11 at my PC with FSX, but this is not possible.

FSX is working but when I try to install ,the Program tell me , he dont find FSX foulder. But FSX working good with all other planes and programs.

I dont can tell, when I try to install what place the FSX folder are, no otionon to install the program at any place, I don`t can chouse the place and HD for installing.

How I can tell MD 11 what Place I like to install?

Thanks, Andy

Hi Andy,

You do not say what version of windows you have. This old software prefers some thing like Win 7. Newer versions like 10 may be an issue. When you load the MD11, these should be the steps you see:

• Install MD11 disk in drive, should self start, if not, select drive with disk, start, execute, 'x':\setup.exe(x=your drive)
  • Click the button Install PMDG MD-11, click next
  • Enter the serial / registration key / number, click validate, you will get a confirmation or error message. Click ok, if confirmed. If error, fix the error.
  • Click next to proceed, Accept the Licence Agreement, click next.
  • Choose if you want the custom or a complete installation and click next.
  • The installer will now search for FSX, if it does not find it, or you want to tell it where to find FSX, select the browse button, until you find the directory with FSX,click next,then install to activate the software. This step super important, otherwise the installer can not find FSX.
  • Remove the disk and Reboot your computer...you should now have the MD-11 available.

Geoff Bryce

You don't say what version of FSX you have, if it's FSX-SE though the MD-11 is not supported, and will not install to it. Only the NGX and 777's are supported in FSX-SE.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hallo, thanks

I use FSX Acceleration with SP 2

If I start INstallation at PMDG  MD-11 I only can select INstall all or install any repaint.

IF I start Installation, after short Time I recive a message," FSX Folder nor find" But FSX is working well.

THe Installer dont ask me for a Registration NUmber and I dont have a browse button, to select any HD or Folder!!

Only install, no other option,

Its a legal Version., I was using before, was working.

Last I try Windows 10 but FSX not working. I go back to Windows 8.1 and install FSX and any Add Ons new .

"

• Enter the serial / registration key / number, click validate, you will get a confirmation or error message. Click ok, if confirmed. If error, fix the error.
  • Click next to proceed, Accept the Licence Agreement, click next.
  • Choose if you want the custom or a complete installation and click next.
  • The installer will now search for FSX, if it does not find it, or you want to tell it where to find FSX, select the browse button, until you find the directory with FSX,click next,then install to activate the software. This step super important, otherwise the installer can not find FSX.

"

All this is not possible if I Install the DVD, only INstall button and after the message , No FSX find. Very difficult .

Thanks for help

This DVD was working before I try Windows 10 , after I go back to Windows 8.1. install all new, FSX too, now the problems with MD 11

I have never seen an installer that didn't have a browse feature so you could select where to install it. You are positive there is none on this DVD. What is the path to Microsoft Flight Simulator X on your computer?

This DVD was working before I try Windows 10 , after I go back to Windows 8.1. install all new, FSX too, now the problems with MD 11

Welcome to the forum. Full names - first and last - in the forum please.

In order to help tell your computer where FSX is actually located, you will need to attempt to fix the registry. Try the tool from Flight1 (I can't get to it from this computer, but I've included a Google search that will guide you to it):

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=flight1%20registry%20repair%20tool

Kyle Rodgers

Hallo, thanks but I use this Tool from Flight 1 before and now any time again, but nothing happend,

I dont can install MD 11 what a pity.

Before I try Windows 10 and go back to Windows 8.1. this DVD was working.

How I can tell PMDG MD 11 where are the FSX folder are?

Thanks for help.

Andy

Sorry, I forget my name are Andreas Wenzel from Frankfurt ,Germany :smile: