Sign in to follow this  
Calypte

DA42 "authentic audio effects" - a question

http://steamcommunity.com/games/dovetailgamesflightschool/announcements/detail/890967051406171440

This announcement mentions "authentic audio effects". From what I hear / see - they are almost the same as audio files for Alabeo DA42 (same sounds, sometimes different levels). And I know that Alabeo DA42 reuses some files that were created earlier (for example some files are shared with their Pawnee). Alabeo also uses some files marked "Flight Simulator 2000" and created in 1999. The metadata (including the timestamp) is stripped from DTG files but otherwise, the sound is the same.

So my question is - how the sound recorded in 1999 is authentic for a plane that first flew in 2002?

And I think I missed something when I read this Q&A:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/483642-ask-dovetail-games-about-dtg-flight-school-flight-simulator/page-35

Hi Martin!

Sorry for keeping you that busy, but am I right in assuming that the DA42 which we're gonna get for Flight School will be the Alabeo DA42 Twin Star v2, that was just released for FSX/P3D?

Best regards,
Dom

Nope that is not the one, like the other two aircraft in DTG Flight School the DA42 is a brand new model made by us. It is exclusive to DTG Flight School

I see that the 3d model is different ( :sad: ), but other parts look quite the same as in Alabeo's DA42 (aircraft.cfg, air file, sounds).

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So my question is - how the sound recorded in 1999 is authentic for a plane that first flew in 2002?

You're asking the wrong question. The first question to ask is what does "authentic audio effects" mean? It's marketing-speak, so it might not have any precise technical meaning, but since they use the word "effects", does that really mean audio files, or something else like sound cones, or some other sound effects?

Seems a bit like a sarcastic/rhetorical question. Do you really seek an answer to this? 

Its a free update. Just fly it. Its not like you paid $50 dollars for it like some Carenado plane that doesnt work. 

Is there a free soundset downloadable somewhere that is better?

Hi everyone, 

I feel this thread is a bit tongue in cheek as some of your have mentioned. However let's clear a few things up. 

The DA42 in DTG Flight School does come care of our partners at Alabeo. However. it is not a release of their DA42 Twin Star v2. 

While the audio for the DA42 has not been taken directly from the real thing, we have taken every care to make the sounds as authentic and realistic as possible

- Martin