Sign in to follow this  
Don_prince

DA-42 feedback

So based on my experience uptill now I have some suggestions/things I hope for. I want to see a different version of the plane. This video runs down exactly everything in a da-42 VI 

So what do I hope for?

GFC 700 digital autopilot integration in the G1000 and the fuel pumps in the place where it is supposed to be (where the autopilot is now).

If possible I hope for them to have the weather radar in there aswel. 

Here you can see the use of that (same youtuber same aircraft) As this is for learning purposes it will be good to learn to deal with all the bells and whistles of this plane. 

Aswell I hope to have the engine test integrated. Maybe the final suggestion is too much but as we say in holland if you dont shoot you always miss. The TKS system working with some kind of simulation. 

These are the same things I wanted in the alabeo da-42. They do not have it implemented aswell. I know it is stated this one is different but as of now it is exact the same model with the same system and functionality. 

Well those are my 5c, What do you think?

Not to rub salt in the wounds, but the automated engine test function works (well) in the X-Plane version of this Alabeo aircraft.

Also, although there is still that ugly old KAP140 in the panel, X-Plane provides a default autopilot that (unlike FSX/P3D) includes a FLC/IAS mode, which works flawlessly.   So you can fly the aircraft as though you have your GFC700, (with correct flight mode annunciation on the PFD), albeit with that rotten old KAP140 still staring at you in the panel! :Big Grin:

Not my intention to make a "X-Plane is better than FSX/P3D" post (I use both, almost equally), just pointing out that Alabeo have seemed to have developed the model further, in X-Plane.

PS..... I think you posted in the wrong forum section.  This is the Dovetail Flight Simulator forum section, rather than the Alabeo section.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Not to rub salt in the wounds, but the automated engine test function works (well) in the X-Plane version of this Alabeo aircraft.

Also, although there is still that ugly old KAP140 in the panel, X-Plane provides a default autopilot that (unlike FSX/P3D) includes a FLC/IAS mode, which works flawlessly.   So you can fly the aircraft as though you have your GFC700, (with correct flight mode annunciation on the PFD), albeit with that rotten old KAP140 still staring at you in the panel! :Big Grin:

Not my intention to make a "X-Plane is better than FSX/P3D" post (I use both, almost equally), just pointing out that Alabeo have seemed to have developed the model further, in X-Plane.

PS..... I think you posted in the wrong forum section.  This is the Dovetail Flight Simulator forum section, rather than the Alabeo section.

The DA-42 just released for DTG Flight School. So that is probably why he is posting here

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

The DA-42 just released for DTG Flight School. So that is probably why he is posting here

Ahh, my bad, and apologies.  I did not know it had been released for DTG. 

Bill

Ahh, my bad, and apologies. I did not know it had been released for DTG.

No need to apologize. Actually, I had posted exactly this question in the official Alabeo DA-42 Twin Star thread asking for an honest opinion about v.2.0 for FSX.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/488633-v-20-out/?p=3447598

So, even unintentionally, you provided me the information I was seeking for! :-)

• Upvote 1

No need to apologize. Actually, I had posted exactly this question in the official Alabeo DA-42 Twin Star thread asking for an honest opinion about v.2.0 for FSX.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/488633-v-20-out/?p=3447598

So, even unintentionally, you provided me the information I was seeking for! :-)

Cheers 'owl! :smile:

• Upvote 1

Bill