Sign in to follow this  
gnomegemini

Request: Add install option to the operation manager

After some time in XP I reinstalled FSX and also the wonderful T7. But I have a request:

I installed the base package, updated all the things and installed the expansion. Maybe it would be more easy for the user to just install the operations manager, connect to the pmdg account via a login and then be able to install all the bought packages with 1 click? Yes, I'm lazy. :D

I don't know about using the OC for product installs, though it does sound nice, but I have been wondering about its purpose for quite some time. It's great for installing liveries and modifying product specific options/settings, but I thought the purpose of it was to more easily roll out updates. I feel like the last several updates for the 777 and NGX required us to download a new installer from our online accounts. It'd also be nice if we could activate and deactivate our products from the OC instead of having to use the CDU. Are there any plans to incorporate the DC-6 into the OC? 

Robert has mentioned this at least once, their road map is to grow the capabilities of the OC to include product updates. Once you can do product updates easily it's not much of a stretch to envision product installation but I don't think that is a goal, which is to  reduce support costs by making version control autonomous.  This is a road map and certainly not as high a priority as getting the next product launch going.

Dan Downs KCRP

Robert has mentioned this at least once, their road map is to grow the capabilities of the OC to include product updates. Once you can do product updates easily it's not much of a stretch to envision product installation but I don't think that is a goal, which is to  reduce support costs by making version control autonomous.  This is a road map and certainly not as high a priority as getting the next product launch going.

That's good news. IMO Orbx does a great job in this regard.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto