Sign in to follow this  
danander11

737 800-900 for P3D not functioning.

Hello everyone,

737 8-900 base and 6-700 expansion installed into Win 10 (64bit) P3D v3.3.5.17625 is not working for me.  I load just fine but nothing is clickable, the screens are all black, and I was not asked for my license when I installed..  (although I had it installed before so I'm not sure that's an issue).

After installing I loaded a session and the plane sits in a non-functioning state,  Nothing is click-able or drag-able, screens are blank and nothing functions.

I've gone through the README for P3D and followed the advice there by creating a scenario with the 739 and starting from that each time.   Still nothing..  so I follow it a bit more and go through the simconnect installs as noted.

Now, when I start P3D, the load screen sits there for a minute or so then it goes back to the desktop and never enters the aircraft.  At first I thought the program might have just CTD'ed but a clicking on the P3D icon would not restart the sim.  A check of task manager showed that P3D is running, with nothing visible.  After uninstalling the three simcconect programs, it's back to a non-functioning aircraft.. (well, the keyboard commands work, but mouse nor controllers do).

Suggestions?

I've gone through the README for P3D and followed the advice there by creating a scenario with the 739 and starting from that each time.

Looks like it's related to a misinterpretation of the intro manual (setting our aircraft as the default scenario is actually something we ask people to avoid).

First - you mentioned already doing this, but just to cover bases - make sure you have the proper SimConnects installed (as listed in the readme file - there are several more in the folder structure than what is needed).

Second - ensure that the aircraft is the only thing loaded into the sim. What this means is that you should check the "Show this Screen at Startup" checkbox, because the default behavior of the sim is to load directly into a flight in the F-22 or F-35 (I forget which). This will cause issues with our products and is something that crept into LM's 3.X releases. It had not done it prior to this. When the sim loads, it should still have the F-22 or F-35 spinning in the little window, but it should load on the runway ready to fly.

Third - ensure that you do not set one of our aircraft as the default aircraft in the sim. If the sim loads and our aircraft loads on the runway, or spinning in the window of the scenario creation screen, then you will see problems. This is a long-standing FSX/ESP/P3D issue.

Fourth - if you have the EMT, uninstall it, or tell it not to touch our aircraft.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Thanks for your help...   First thing this morning I uninstalled all of the simconnect.mis's that I installed last night so that I could get back to the main menu.., which worked..  but the panels, switches, etc still did not.

This morning first thing I reinstalled each of the three .msi files and tried to open P3D.  This time it opened normally asked me for the license for 737!  Starting a scenario has me sitting on a ramp with a fully configurable aircraft!!! (YAY!)  So, I think that this is solved..  but I'll run a flight and check some things to be sure.

As to your points in the above post, I 'did' set the 739 as a default aircraft but I'll change this back.  I had previously checked the "Show this screen at startup" box.

As to the EMT...  I'm not even sure of what that is..  the little bit of searching I have done on this leads me to believe it is some sort of migration tool(?)..  I haven't used anything of the sort..  This was a brand new install of P3D and PMDG.

Lastly, thank you once again for your help!

As to your points in the above post, I 'did' set the 739 as a default aircraft but I'll change this back.

That *should* fix it, but let us know.

And yeah, the EMT is a popular migration tool that's out there. Avoid it.

Kyle Rodgers

So far, so good!  (YAY! again)..

About the only niggle I've come across so far is getting my weather display to work..  When I test I get the red lettering for WINDSHEAR on the display, but no indication of weather..  I've stepped my way through the FMC to make sure that things are turned on and it all seems to be set..  but no joy on the display.  I'm reading through different articles from google about getting it to work but so far nothing.

I'll keep after it and thanks again Kyle!

OK..  It worked for a bit then the same thing happened.   I've tried restart, power-down and restart, and to repair each of the simconnect.msi installations.. with no effect.  It starts p3d normally then goes back to desktop with taskmanager saying that p3d is running..  It must be in stealth mode.. ;-)

Uninstall all three simconnect's and restart p3d.. check.., re-install all three simconnect's and bob's your uncle...  working as it should.

The one thing that I noticed this time was that I wanted to change from a 737-600 to a 737-900 via the f22, (allowing time between each for data loading).. as it went to load the 900 it ctd'ed.  that's when this behavior started again.

I may have to just shut down p3d completely and start from scratch when I want to use a different pmdg aircraft..  Not sure of how to proceed from here.

I may have to just shut down p3d completely and start from scratch when I want to use a different pmdg aircraft.. Not sure of how to proceed from here.

Exactly.  One session is one PMDG aircraft. If you want to change aircraft you have to exit and restart then selecting the desired aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

Exactly.  One session is one PMDG aircraft. If you want to change aircraft you have to exit and restart then selecting the desired aircraft.

I learned to do this with PMDG's aircrafts but actually this is a great rule to all aircrafts. I do it every time I change planes and i never came across with black gauges or any other annoying problem.

Well, It seems to work alright if I do not change planes...  So I guess we can say RESOLVED for this one. 

Thanks again Kyle. (and everyone)

One last niggle for this thread...   Can anyone explain to me please, why my FMC is showing "Nav Data out of date" when it shows 'AIRAC-1608  JUL21AUG17/16'?

One last niggle for this thread...   Can anyone explain to me please, why my FMC is showing "Nav Data out of date" when it shows 'AIRAC-1608  JUL21AUG17/16'?

Usually because you're using a date in the sim outside of the active date for the data.

Kyle Rodgers

Usually because you're using a date in the sim outside of the active date for the data.

That's probably it..    I tried to start a new session tonight to check but it's now gone back to the same behavior.  Only this time even removing simconnect made no difference.

I click on the icon, the splash screen pops up and sets for a bit then two smaller window open and then close almost immediately and I'm back at the desktop..  yet taskmanager shows it to be running.  I. now, can't get past this point.

I'll try disabling crossfire and start working at it from a graphics issue of some sort.  Any other suggestions?

I click on the icon, the splash screen pops up and sets for a bit then two smaller window open and then close almost immediately and I'm back at the desktop..  yet taskmanager shows it to be running.  I. now, can't get past this point.

Usually a trademark of the EMT, but you mentioned that you didn't use it earlier. Must be some other program interacting, unless it's our activation window that is hiding out somewhere (though it usually pops over the sim, and doesn't minimize it).

Kyle Rodgers

Usually a trademark of the EMT, but you mentioned that you didn't use it earlier. Must be some other program interacting, unless it's our activation window that is hiding out somewhere (though it usually pops over the sim, and doesn't minimize it).

I don't know...   I've posted over at P3D to try and get some help there..  Even uninstalling PMDG hasn't helped.  To say that I'm frustrated would be a whopper of an understatement..

I don't know...   I've posted over at P3D to try and get some help there..  Even uninstalling PMDG hasn't helped.  To say that I'm frustrated would be a whopper of an understatement..

Understandable. This is highly odd behavior, however. Installing a simconnect shouldn't cause any issues unless your computer has some other kind of issue.

Graphics driver/profile issue perhaps?

Kyle Rodgers