Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

1080 poor performance. Help :(

So my GTX1080 arrived today and its great in GTA5, XP10 but not P3Dv3.  I was running a GTX970 and would get 60FPS in the F22 Raptor. I am lucky to get 25 right now with the 1080 and Ive not changed any setting. The frames are set to unlimited. I downloaded the latest NV drivers and performed a clean install. Obviously something is screwed on my system. Any tips?

Thanks

Pete

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So my GTX1080 arrived today and its great in GTA5, XP10 but not P3Dv3.  I was running a GTX970 and would get 60FPS in the F22 Raptor. I am lucky to get 25 right now with the 1080 and Ive not changed any setting. The frames are set to unlimited. I downloaded the latest NV drivers and performed a clean install. Obviously something is screwed on my system. Any tips?

Thanks

Pete

Try the old delete p3d.cfg file and Shaders folder routine.

gb.

Try the old delete p3d.cfg file and Shaders folder routine.

gb.

Did as you suggested and still the same :(  Thanks for the tip! 

Might have to do a complete system reinstall!

If everything else is running fine as you say, then I'd hold off on the reinstall.

Clearly there's a variable at play here.

P3D reinstall maybe.

Are you sure all the settings are the same in regard to the card? AA settings? AF settings? Any setting enabled that wasn't before? After all this is the latest card with new capabilities.

Any P3D settings enabled that weren't before?

Did as you suggested and still the same :sad:  Thanks for the tip! 

Might have to do a complete system reinstall!

It could be that your new card is being driven by the older card's drivers.

You need (if you haven't already...) to scrub your driver from your system, and then download from the nVidia site, the latest driver for your card series, and your O.S. series.  Then install the downloaded...and I'll bet you will just fly!

• Upvote 1

Wow, to install a new video card you had to go through the process of reinstalling your OS? I hope I never have to go through that when updating my video card.

Wow, to install a new video card you had to go through the process of reinstalling your OS? I hope I never have to go through that when updating my video card.

Not sure what it was. I actually just did a image  restore with Macrium and its running fine now. I did this also a few weeks ago and it didn't solve the issue.. I also used a new Nv driver that was not available back then so I am thinking it was a NV driver issue. I was struggling to get 20 fps in P3D before. And that's in a default aircraft!

Well I'm glad that fixed the issue for you. Just a pain to see someone go through that process to fix any problem though. That should be a last resort.

What kind of performance are you seeing now? I have a 970 also and looking at either the 1070 or 1080.