Sign in to follow this  
BobP

A question for Global Base, Global Vector and OpenLCNA users..

Hi everyone!

I have UTX USA2 installed along with FTX Global Base. Have any of you had a chance to compare UTX USA2 frame rates and VAS usage  with with all 3 FTX products installed and UTX deactivated. Thanks!

Bob

I'd be interested to hear about this too, i'm using utx in canada, USA and tropics, so I have resisted buying vector, but maybe with open lc USA released it's time to pull the trigger on vector...but maybe not.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hi,

I went ahead and installed Global vector and NAOpenLC. For me there is a drop in VAS and frame rate and unflyable in one area I frequent. Stutters, blury textures  and 'Low Mem' beeps as VAS drop to around 250 flying an approach into KPHL.   I don't know what computer they are testing  with or magic settings but I  can not  fly it.  I had scenery settings normal with 60% UT2 Traffic flying into KPHL a highly detailed add-on airport with the Carenado Phenom 300 using TNC750. Frame rates are normally low there but I have never had OOM problem.  The land class does look good so  will start by removing Vector see if that is the problem. FTX puts out some great products but there should be better balance betweem performance and immersion. I have both NASca and NANca deactivated as they are auto gen gone wild. 

Core I7 6700K @ 4.1

GTX 1070 with 8MB

16 Gig memory

Bob

I think its your 60% UT2 traffic setting killing it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I am noticing brief stutters after loading vector when I added 15% car traffic no aircraft ai didnt try that yet - was at night with a bunch of lights so that doesn't help - but vector looks so good now with NA LC - have to live with it and try to figure how to fix it or turn down something I can live without

Rich Sennett

I think it is a combination of things.

Latest Libraries (Unlikely)
Migration
Open LC NA Part 2 (Unlikely)
Vector Update.

I just made a full P3D-ORBX dual Setup, both without the Vector Update to 1.4
One with Migration, Other without.migration.
All other addons and settings are the same.

Will Make tests:

Text 1: Migrated SETUP - AERO COMMANDER CYXX PARKING 1 6:00:00 AM Default Weather

Vector 1.35 Footprint on initial load from P3D start. (1 min stab)

1a ---------------------- Vector ENABLED
Peak WorkingSet:      2,891,324 KB
WorkingSet:               2,251,600 KB
Private Memory Size: 2,188,416 KB
Virtual Memory Size:  2,852,936 KB

1b ----------------------Vector DISABLED
Peak WorkingSet:       2,612,220 KB
WorkingSet:                2,023,068 KB
Private Memory Size:  1,967,944 KB
Virtual Memory Size:   2,617,532 KB

1c ----------------------Vector RE-ENABLED while P3D is running.

Peak WorkingSet:       2,874,480 KB
WorkingSet:                2,341,576 KB
Private Memory Size:  2,273,524 KB
Virtual Memory Size:   2,933,904 KB (VAS higher value than 1a)

1d ----------------------Vector DISABLED while P3D is running.

Peak WorkingSet:      2,874,480 KB
WorkingSet:               2,203,064 KB
Private Memory Size: 2,133,688 KB
Virtual Memory Size:  2,912,324 KB  (VAS decreased but still wasted)

Next test will be tedious and time consuming.

Flights from CYXX to CYBL using both setups.

I think its your 60% UT2 traffic setting killing it.

Believe it or not, AI doesn't consume much VAS. I took a VAS measurement parked at UK2000 in the PMDG 777 with UT2 AI set at 100%, then I shut off all the UT2 traffic and took another VAS measurement and it was barely any different. AI affects the FPS a lot more than it does VAS.

The biggest VAS offender can be vector programs like UTX and FTX Vector of a lot of the streets and options are turned on, and of course running 32bit clouds and/or 2048 or 4096 cloud textures.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Is Vector anything but trouble? After moving to FSX Steam I installed vector after Globel and could not run the Vector Central to run the airport elevation correction tool. I could not get it to work with Steam. I had to uninstall Fsx and reinstall all over again causing great loss of time. I just bought the North American LC and have thought of trying to install Vector again but dare not for fear of repeating the calamity. I have UTX. Does anyone use Vector with Steam?

Vic green

Hi everyone!

I have UTX USA2 installed along with FTX Global Base. Have any of you had a chance to compare UTX USA2 frame rates and VAS usage  with with all 3 FTX products installed and UTX deactivated. Thanks!

Bob

Didn't do a VAS, but I can tell you, there was no FPS impact whatsoever. Also, no blurriness, and no CTD or warning chime because of a VAS exhaustion .