Sign in to follow this  
funkcanna

PF3 V ProATC X

That link gives a discussion about changing "Misc. skins" ??

No it does not!!!! Did you read the thread ? Cannot believe you are asking me this lol

Edit: On some systems using the new skins that come with PF3, cause PF3 to CTD. So, turning off that option fixes it.

It maybe ok now since the last update, but if you do suffer that CTD, you now know what to do.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Title of Thread is "Crash after using Options1"

Post #1..Just FYI - 

Running W10 Anniversary Pro 64

Start Pf3 ( as admin or not - same issue) - after it opens - select Options #1 - do something or do nothing - makes no difference - close Options - immediately get a Pf3 has stopped working, etc - close program. Doing ANYTHING other than option #1 - all ok.
Happens every time.

Fix - run PF3 in W7 compatibility mode - no problem at all.

Vic
Post #2...Hi Vic,
Go to Options#2 then Advances options ini and de select "Use PF3 Skins" in the Misc sectiom

Really not trying to pull a one up on you, it's just that the above "copy and paste"  is what I get everytime I click the link provided. I read all 7 posts in the thread...twice

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Title of Thread is "Crash after using Options1"

Post #1..Just FYI - 

Running W10 Anniversary Pro 64

Start Pf3 ( as admin or not - same issue) - after it opens - select Options #1 - do something or do nothing - makes no difference - close Options - immediately get a Pf3 has stopped working, etc - close program. Doing ANYTHING other than option #1 - all ok.

Happens every time.

Fix - run PF3 in W7 compatibility mode - no problem at all.

Vic

Post #2...Hi Vic,
Go to Options#2 then Advances options ini and de select "Use PF3 Skins" in the Misc sectiom

Really not trying to pull a one up on you, it's just that the above "copy and paste"  is what I get everytime I click the link provided. I read all 7 posts in the thread...twice

That is fine Jim. I am just confused what you are asking ? Do you have the CTD ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Can the current iteration of PFE save flight situation, so it could be resumed later? If so in what stages of flight?

Thanks,

Dirk

Hi Guys

I guess this tread is kinda  old, but I'm going to attempt to reopen it.

I've always used Voxatc for years, and feel now is the time to change as its pretty much dead from the developer now. I have PF3 and ProATC and I use Multicrew.

I done a test flight last night from EGPH to EHAM, using MCE & Native ATC in P3D, everything went fine until the finals where ATC put my right on final with no ILS options on 18R and then gave clearance to land on 18C instead.

My question is, What its better (Aiming more at the past Voxatc users here) what is a good "upgrade" from vox?

I like PF3, but with being new, have a lot of learning to do with the flight planning part, and reading the info from the charts to enter into the program.

What I don't like about ProATC is that I can't use voice and has to be keypresses. Of course, I may not have set things up, so if anyone can confirm that MCE works with it. 

Of course, now we have Pilot2ATC and possibly a few more ATC software out there, is the view that PF3 is still the best choice for jet flyers?

Would love to hear someones view

I don't mind paying for a good quality ATC, but I don't like pressing buttons, I have enough of that in the cockpit, so really it has to be Voice controlled. I mainly fly UK to Europe, so any recommendations.

My preference is, I load my NGXu up with the Flight Plan into the FMC, lets say EGPH to EHAM, Talla 6 out of Edinburgh is restricted to 6,000ft. Proatc ignored this and allowed clearance to 11,000. Native ATC allowed for 9,000 and PF3 was correct at 6,000

EHAM Approach - I set my FMC from before take off, looked at my last waypoint, so I knew I would be coming in on the SUGOL, speed restriction at 210 and 3000, Native Ignored this and gave me a visual approach to 18R, vectored me to the end of the runway where I was still sitting at 210, then suddenly said Clear to land runway 18C not 18R 

Voxatc tends to be good 99% of the time, sometimes they forget about you

PF3 seems to be the best at the moment, but more time consuming to "plan" your flight and get the info in

ProATC - I haven't really tried since I cant figure out speech on it

Any advice

2 hours ago, ridgeandgable said:

My question is, What its better (Aiming more at the past Voxatc users here) what is a good "upgrade" from vox?

I have used Vatsim, VoxATC, Pro-ATC, and Pilot2ATC. Vatsim is by far the best choice, but it requires flying online, with current weather, and you have to plan your flights according to where you have ATC coverage. However, no ATC program can replace the interaction with a human controller who may make mistakes, may be friendly and helpful, or sometimes really busy and impatient. If you never tried Vatsim or IVAO, I strongly suggest to give it a try. There is also PilotEdge, which is probably the best human ATC option. However, it is pricey and you are confined to the Western United States. I therefore never tried it.

I have used VoxATC alongside Vatsim to have ATC in areas with no Vatsim coverage. That was the perfect combination if VoxATX worked for me. Unfortunately, I got the "fatal error" message on 90% of my flights, so at some time I simply gave up on Vox. I have also used Pro-ATC and liked it in general, but it does not have voice interaction and is a bit more intrusive than Vox.

I am now using Pilot2ATC and like it. It has voice recognition and generally works similar to Vox: during a flight, you just have to interact with the controller via voice. Before a flight, you have to file your flight plan first, which is kind of realistic. Also, it has a ton of help functions if ATC does not recognize your communication (which happens a lot to me since I have an accent). It is definitely worth giving it a try, as there is also a demo version. 

I tried the PF3 demo and didn't like it. I found it way too cumbersome to set up.

Peter

• Like 1

PF3 is poor at reading flight plans unless you put STARs and SIDs in ahead of time and how can you know this ahead of time when weather is dynamic.  RC4 is much better in that regard.

Edited by Boomer

spacer.png