Sign in to follow this  
zazaboeing

Another RNP topic

I think RF/TF are part of so-called advanced RNP, which the PMDG 777 & 737 can't do yet. Are you yet at liberty to confirm whether the Jumbo V2 will have this capability, Kyle? No worries if not, just curious.

Has this question been answered anywhere in the forums? This thread was the only one I found. A search for RF is not possible, so tried it with radius...

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

The other developer of the 737 and 747 have it implemented. Fun to fly. Not sure why PMDD are a little ways behind in this regard. 

I thought only the 747-8 was capable of flying RF legs not the 744.

Very true. I think its just on the other one due to the data base for approaches supporting it.  Fun to fly though. 

I flew some rnp approaches already, and the pmdg stayed within the rnp limit depicted on the chart. There was also a guy that did a small package of Alaska approaches, don't k ow if they were jury rigged for the addon to fly them. Way above my head anyway, I just fly whatever is approved and collect a paycheck.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I made this pictorial rep of the RNAV "paradigm". It made it easier for my brain to understand it

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ajcldh&s=8#.WGhDcFV96M8

Whilst i'd love true RNP-AR and EOSID 9and all things nedded to allow those procedures to be built) on our PMDG's, I also understand that this is a real and relatively new technology (in aviation world terms) and so we're unlikely to receive it.

Brian Nellis

I would love to see PMDG do something about this in the future.

Yes RNP approaches can be flown with PMDG and it is probably still the most precise product when it comes to Lateral and Vertical Navigation and FMS procedure coding.

Unfortunately RNP-AR approaches (RNP 0.3 or less) tend to have RF legs, which PMDG does not support, hence the sufficient level of precision for these procedures (therefore obstacle clearance in some cases) cannot be guaranteed.

Although they are still a small number I think these type of procedures will tend to increase in the future, as they allow minimas nearly equal to CAT I ILSs, with obvious reduction in infrastructure and maintenance costs.

For those who didn't get into it yet, good and fun examples are found in VNKT, KPSP, FSIA, MHTG, OMAA... to name a few.

I agree that PMDG should start looking for possible solutions in order to code RF legs in future products, in order to remain ahead of the game.

Mike

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

Ah I've found it...

In the avsim library- is this what the OP was referring to?

ngx_tp_se_alaska.zip 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity