Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

How Not To Do It

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hang on a minute.... He caught his flight?? How did he get on board? The door's a good few feet in the air? AND why was he allowed on board? I'm assuming the crew stopped the jet and shut down the engines to avoid the possibility of running the dumbass over or having him go through the compressor face, but letting him on board??

Wow!

Earlier, yesterday, the BBC reported that in fact a security person near that plane stopped him and ushered him back to the terminal, so not sure how he actually boarded as it was ready to taxi.

• Upvote 1

Hang on a minute.... He caught his flight?? How did he get on board? The door's a good few feet in the air? AND why was he allowed on board? I'm assuming the crew stopped the jet and shut down the engines to avoid the possibility of running the dumbass over or having him go through the compressor face, but letting him on board??

in the article it implies that he thought some other plane was his flight, and it had left without him, so he ran to try and catch it. but rather they flew him on his scheduled flight later. still not sure why they thought they should fly him to his destination before arresting him though! 

cheers

-andy crosby

• Upvote 1

I guess the security staff didn't bother at the time to arrest him because they didn't see him as a threat but the bosses saw otherwise as it was technically a security breach.

Similar thing happened in Canada when a teenager had a fake bomb in his baggage he made for fun but forgot it was there, screeners removed the item and sent him on his vacation, when he returned from his vacation the RCMP was waiting for him and arrested him at that time.