Sign in to follow this  
Djembe

737 route problem

there is also a ROUTY in the Northern Hemisphere at Pos: N43:9:0.000, W117:0:0.000

This has been my first guess of the problem all along. I asked OP to step through LEGS with ND in PLN mode and all he responded is that he verified route on LEGS page... not same thing unless you pay attention to distances between each waypoint so I shut up.

Dan Downs KCRP

ROUTY  in the Northern Hemisphere at Pos: N43:9:0.000, W117:0:0.000

Please check my post #9 again:

ROUTY
T123
1 S 4.1753 E 55.4634 0 

If the waypoint is not in Navigraph data for PMDG, why i can set the route manually?

2. Your navigation system is not able to cross the Equator.

Read the post #10 again:

I cross the ecuador a few times with the pmdg737 and i never had problems, but i think it might be related.

Why you guys do not try by youself to fly FSIA-OMDB same peter_auau did?

Do not use my route, use your own route and lets see what happend.

Robert Rodriguez

i always like a good excuse to visit the seychelles so i tried this flight out last night.

can confirm the bug... i just did the route from scratch..used UTALI sid instead since 13 is active from wind. route was: UTAL1B UTALI T124 UDLET UR401 SUHIL R401 GIDIS G783 BUBIN BUBI8C

it seems like the issue appears between the waypoints that have identical longitudes. basically the points along UR401 that have 55.0000E listed for their coordinates..  IMKOT, AXINA, AMPEX, etc.

for me it worked fine untill crossing IMKOT. about 20nm later plane started just banking left. i did a direct to the next point and reproduced the behavior on each of the next three waypoints.

very curious!

lF4Vp4E.jpg

lPzXwLf.jpg

cheers

-andy crosby

I had the same problem on a flight from VHHH to ZMUB a couple of days ago on the particularly northerly segment.  I think the earlier poster was correct in identifying this as the problem that existed on the 777 at RTM (not handling paths that were north/south).  I had to switch to HDG and bring the flight back on to the track.  This was in the PMDG 737-800.

VHHHZMUB.jpg

I think your problems start after HET vor, in the W32 airway.https://www.dropbox.com/s/tv9we30odv1ao0t/pfpx1.png?dl=0

This are the coordinates of the waypoints were you experience the bug:

HET
W32
1 N 40.7250 E 111.9000 0 

ASURI
W32
1 N 42.6033 E 111.9000 0 

INTIK
A575
1 N 43.6800 E 111.9017 0 

I think Spesimen hit the problem:

t seems like the issue appears between the waypoints that have identical longitudes

I'll have a bash tomorrow but it will be with the CIVA INS and PF3 ATC (there was a bug crossing the Equator which apparently has been fixed so a good oportunity to test it).

Seems pretty clear cut, or at least I am sold.

Why don´t you guys make a last experiment by going into the navdata folderin the FSX main., open it in wordpad and go to the waypoints. i can´t remember if the waypoints are listed in alphabetical order or by lat-lon order.

Anyway, I have edited waypoints before or even entered new waypoints and their coordinates. Just manually edit the longitude by some amount so that they are all different somewhat.

See what happens.

I think is not necessary.

Is clear that the plane fly well when there are not two consecutive waypoints with same longitude.

What will be interesting is test if we have the same bug with the latitude.

But anyway, we do not need to test any more, PMDG know how to solve the problem, they did it on the 777, right?

Robert Rodriguez

This was indeed actually a bug in our LNAV algorithm that was already fixed in one of the 777 updates (SP1 I believe). Looks like the fix didn't make it backwards into the NGX code though - I will let the developers involved know about it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I tip my hat to Robert and those that helped, who didn't give up and found that this is indeed a bug. I was wrong in thinking that PFPX was selecting the wrong lat/lon for the fix.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you Dan. You are honorable.

And thank you for those who help to find the problem. Without your tests and reports it would be impossible.

I hope it is now clear that my intention was not infect your computers  :h0120: 

Robert Rodriguez

This was indeed actually a bug in our LNAV algorithm that was already fixed in one of the 777 updates (SP1 I believe). Looks like the fix didn't make it backwards into the NGX code though - I will let the developers involved know about it.

Great that the error was identified. I used to fly the NGX a lot and I am now getting back to it. I used to run into the problem described here occasionally and wondered why rhe otherwise perfect NGX would screw up here.

Any chance that we will see an update/patch or do you consider no more changes for the NGX?

Thank you

Dave P. Woycek

I opened a suport ticket and they told me will be repaired on next NGX update. I ask when will be the next NGX update but they can not give me any ETA.

I thought the PMDG Operation Center was for fast updates and release patches without wait a new service pack. I was wrong.

If all NGX user open a suport ticket about this bug, maeby they will prefer to release a patch than answer hundrets of tickets. But i am the only one who open a ticket.

The most important for any company are the benefits, not the customers.

If we, the customers, do not use our power, we can not expect nothing.

I am amazing how many customers experience this bug but never reported, why?

Robert Rodriguez

It is a relatively minor issue. Few users encounter it me thinks. C'mon guys we are getting a beautiful airplane at an affordable cost. I am nor really for this type of bashing.

(...)

I am amazing how many customers experience this bug but never reported, why?

Robert Rodriguez

Because it is relatively minor, very sporadic and tough to find the correct setup for reproduction if you don't know what to look for in the first place.

Plus, I don't understand your issue with PMDG support. The NGX is considered mature from a software lifecycle view, and we can count ourselves lucky if we see yet another update to the NGX at all (which I hope we will since it is a very popular addon, simulating a very popular aircraft).

Dave P. Woycek

Because it is relatively minor, very sporadic and tough to find the correct setup for reproduction if you don't know what to look for in the first place.

Plus, I don't understand your issue with PMDG support. The NGX is considered mature from a software lifecycle view, and we can count ourselves lucky if we see yet another update to the NGX at all (which I hope we will since it is a very popular addon, simulating a very popular aircraft).

I have to admit that the bug was hard to find, without help it is imposible. 

I just want to encourage customers to report possible bugs.

I do not have any problem with PMDG support. I only criticize the policy of the company regarding updates and bug fixes.

You think that you are lucky to see another update. I do not. we are diferent kind of customers. I want to see the bugs repaired because it take me a few hours of my time find and report his bugs.

I bought the pmdg NGX a week ago, and i find two officialy "certified" bugs, i can not see the bugs solved because is mature product? this mean that is a unsupported product? legacy product?