Sign in to follow this  
flyforever

My issue with X-plane

Did you use that circuit cleaner spray ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Did you use that circuit cleaner spray ?

Nop just re-plugged everything back, but the pitch axis potentiometer is lose and doesn't look like I can fix it, so don't know how long the pitch will remain stable.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

The stick went bonkers again, now this what happened , till last night flying the AS350 B3 it was perfect and rock steady, as I am making a mesh I decided to fly the C90 and that was it , the axis have gone crazy again and now back to the same old problem.

With my controller Saitek x52, it can sometimes go crazy if I accidentally jar the cable connecting the throttle, which is easy to do. It comes back but the controls all go haywire and I have to pause the sim and recalibrate. It happens a lot :-)

@Tony

THe problem with my stick is the pitch potentiometer which seems to be close to kaput ,but it works most of the time, some times I need to hit the base of the stick hard.

For me, after my old x52pro started losing functions ( buttons and sliders ( although the axis were still usable ) the best choice was a cheap T16000, which uses the same HAL sensor technology of their expensive Cougar Hotas line...

For a while I kept the throttle / hotas unit of the x52 plugged to use as throttle and prop / mix / collective and a few more functions performed through buttons that were still working, but my ELITE hardware, and the simulator itself, didn't like that setup, so, I shelved it...

The T16000 doesn't have the potentiometer problems, but being a cheap piece of hardware requires very gentle use.

Thanksfully I have finally, and I believe for good, abandondoned the military flightsims, which made me sometimes being a bit brutal with my rudder and joystick :-)  With X-Plane, PSX and ELITE I really have to be soft by definition.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Yes the T16000m is a decent hardware to get, there is a real CRJ900 pilot on DCS multiplayer server the VA server and he said to get the this it's very good.

The only problem with it is the toy-like throttle slider, with an ultra restricted course, the plastic feel of the structure, the cable that leaves the unit and looks like it's built to break easily - I am extremely careful manipulating the joystick whenever I seat at the PC to use it, avoiding twisting the cable near the base of the stick.

Other than that, it's a very precise joystick.

Main Simulation Rig: