Sign in to follow this  

Greetings all,

This issue is not unique. I have seen it posted in multiple forums (through Google searches). Many of the posts gave conflicting information and were very dated (circa 2008). A search on this forum yielded nothing (although I may have missed something).

I am using Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals (and Yoke / Throttle quadrant FWIW). The button assignments are currently through FSUIPC. The calibration is through FSX. I have previously calibrated through FSUIPC, but there was an issue (I believe) with Windows. If I recall correctly, I had to recalibrate and even re-assign the whole setup each time I booted up Windows. Moreover, Pete Dowson at FSUIPC said that in general, calibrating through FSX is totally fine. 

The basic problem is that when I apply the toe brakes, some or all of that brake application remains on or applied, even after I release the toe brakes. The only way to fully release the toe brakes is to apply the parking brake, disengage, and re-start my taxi. I cannot figure out why it is doing this.

Some have suggested it's a problem with sensitivity and null zones. I have adjusted these settings in FSX too many times to count. It seems that no matter what I do, the problem remains. And FWIW, the pedals are configured properly (and I am using the Win drivers, not Saitek/SST/Madcats).

Anyone know the best solution? I am using Win7. Can use FSUIPC if needed. 

Thanks in advance

William 

Fsx > settings > controls > select pedals from drop down menu.

Check to see if any assignments are made through fsx control inputs and if so clear all as you have already done this through fsuipc and may have 2 inputs for 1 command confusing each other.

Luke Pype

I have also seen this with the Saitek pedals, but on my rig it seems to be aircraft dependent. Recently I have been flying the PMDG 737NGX and this aircraft handles perfectly and the brakes work perfectly. On some other payware aircraft I find it necessary to apply and release the parking brake to release the toe brakes. Wierd.

Check out these threads, there may be something in here to help, also check out the embedded links.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/488160-brake-control-problem/

http://www.avsim.com/topic/488090-saitek-pro-throttle-quadrant-driver-problem/

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hi,

In FSX go to your main setting screen.

From the main setting screen click on the sensitivities icon

From the Controller - Sensitivities page click on the drop arrow next to the box called 'Joystick Type' in the  upper right of the screen, when the arrow is pressed a drop down menu will appear listing the game controllers connected to your PC.  In this list you will see the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Click on this controller, on the screen you will see Simple and  Advance radio buttons, make sure the simple radio button is selected.

Just under and to the right of the simple button you will see two sliders, one marked Sensitivity - all axes and the other marked Null zone - all axes.  Move the sensitivity slider ALL the way over to the right and move the Null zone slider about 3% to the left, click OK and the toe brakes should now work.

John Funnell

scap_b777.png  NAX8096.png

Hi William,

Have you tried reversing the axis?

I use FSUIPC & unless I select the reverse axis box my brakes remain on.

Ross

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Tried all of these things. Followed all the links people provided AND scoured Google, Bing and DuckDuckGo. Nothing works. Looks like I'm going to have to buy new rudder pedals... and those will definitely not be Saitek (now Logitec) ProFlight rudders.

The only way to reset my brakes after having used them, is to put the parking brake on, and then release it... which takes away from the immersion.