Sign in to follow this  
barrel_owl

Dornier DO228 100 HD SERIES FSX/P3D

Coincidentally, there is a free Garrett/Honeywell TPE331 sound package available in the library. Allegedly it was recorded from real Dornier 228 sound samples and has a considerable size: 87 MB!

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=189075&CatID=fsxsnds

Thanks, will try those.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Has anybody else had problems with the throttles? For me I'll be trying to taxi after start up and for some reason one throttle will move forward and the other will come up but then go straight back to idle. I have even gone back to cold and dark after the incident and done a ctrl E start and the problem still happens. So far the only fix is a restart of P3D. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the responses about the current and available sound packages.  I think I'll give this plane a shot! 

Has anybody else had problems with the throttles? For me I'll be trying to taxi after start up and for some reason one throttle will move forward and the other will come up but then go straight back to idle. I have even gone back to cold and dark after the incident and done a ctrl E start and the problem still happens. So far the only fix is a restart of P3D. 

You have to follow this tutorial to get used to the TPE-331 engines.

Everything seems to work well for me. The popup disappeared after I setup my EZDOCK cameras. 

GTN 750 Integration look fine without editing.

The only problem I found was when I tried to shutdown the engine. Even with the battery off ... the engines are still running. I had to assign a shutdown engine keyboard shortcut.

Hi barrel_owl

Thanks for replying

A screenshot would show a blank screen in the cockpit where my GPS display (GNS 530) should be.

GPS (GNS 530) displays as pop up window (Shift+3) but that's no use -I want the GPS screen live on the stack.

I am missing something obvious -help!

xxd09

Coincidentally, there is a free Garrett/Honeywell TPE331 sound package available in the library. Allegedly it was recorded from real Dornier 228 sound samples and has a considerable size: 87 MB!
http://library.avsim...5&CatID=fsxsnds

What is your opinion on this sound package?

What is your opinion on this sound package?

I am afraid my opinion has zero weight, as I am not a real pilot. Also, I did not even try to install this sound pack into the MU-2 or the new Do228 to test any difference with the original sound park.

That said, based on my simple listening of the wav files, it sounds very good done to me. The original sound pack appears to be OK as well. I hope that some real Do228 pilot will show up to give us a more informed opinion.

Hi barrel_owl

Thanks for replying

A screenshot would show a blank screen in the cockpit where my GPS display (GNS 530) should be.

GPS (GNS 530) displays as pop up window (Shift+3) but that's no use -I want the GPS screen live on the stack.

I am missing something obvious -help!

xxd09

Your description points to an error during or after the installation. Did you try to launch a different panel plugin, such as RXP o GTN?

You definitely need to uninstall and reinstall the product. For added security, after uninstalling from the Control panel, go the Aircraft folder and delete the Carenado Dornier 228 folder completely before reinstalling. We all see the GNS530 both in 3D and 2D, so you should solve this problem by reinstalling the product. If not, there must be some other problem in your simulator or in your system.

Hi barrel_owl

Did all that

Downloaded again

Same problems

Will ask Carenado

I have many Carenado plane-never seen these anomalies before

Thanks for you help

xxd09

When the GNS is opened as 2D, for example by hitting Shift+3 or clicking on it with the mouse to have the window popping up, obviously you see a blank screen in lieu of the normal GNS screen in the cockpit (3D). Is that?

Or do you mean that your GNS is always blank, both in 2d and in 3d, meaning not illuminated with no data on it, in which case you should simply turn the Radio Master switch on the pedestal ON to have the avionic turned on.

Sorry, but I have hard time trying to figure out your problem. As said, a screenshot would really help.

Just downloaded and installed this, but I can't find any .exe files for the GTN or GNS.  I'm looking in my FSX Carenado folder, but nothing but PDF and text files there.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Curt,

Simobjects\airplanes\carenado do228-100\f1gtn750do228.exe

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

Curt,

Simobjects\airplanes\carenado do228-100\f1gtn750do228.exe

Okay, I'm red faced in embarrassment.  Thank you, John.