Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Coming soon: Ventura Sky for X-Plane 10.50

Looks very nice, but i would like to try it without HDR and SMP.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

It works without SMP, but there is no way to have clouds then.

Should work without HDR, but you'll be missing out on the scattering improvements (as in vanilla X-Plane). Need to check if it's fully compatible though.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

It works without SMP, but there is no way to have clouds then.

Should work without HDR, but you'll be missing out on the scattering improvements (as in vanilla X-Plane). Need to check if it's fully compatible though.

I can do HDR in places like Tororo as I like flying in thunderstorms. Let me know .

And on the other laptop I can run HDR everywhere

Looks good, looking forward to trying this out.

Thanks for your efforts FrontEndRob.

This shot demonstrates how 16nm visibility is a good value to let autogen and night lighting blend into the haze (amplified by increased atmospheric scattering),  the scripts "bugfix" for cut-off scenery and lighting in the distance.

747-400%20United_3.png?raw=1

-

This shot demonstrates how 16nm visibility is a good value to let autogen and night lighting blend into the haze (amplified by increased atmospheric scattering),  the scripts "bugfix" for cut-off scenery and lighting in the distance.

Very nice, but how does it look 16 nm visibility at 40.000 ft in daytime?

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

The script smoothly increases visibility above 10000ft. At FL400, visibility is around 100sm. I showcased the increasing visibility with a bunch of shots in a previous post.

• Upvote 1

-

In this demanding Autogen scene the 16sm visibility limit helps tackling the CPU load. 

VSL%20TRIKE%20S-4_7.png?raw=1

• Upvote 1

-

The lakes around KMCO - an Antialiasing nightmare in the dusk (due to the high contrast of ground and X-Plane's too reflective water). Ventura Sky helps fight the jaggies.

c400_3.png?raw=1

-

When are you going to release this ?!

Cheers...........

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Keeping better in my brain, from picture to picture :-)

Oh, poor life that of an UNINSTALLER :-/.... Will I have to install XP10 again ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

When are you going to release this ?!

Cheers...........

As long as I don't hear from Joan, owner of the NOAA plug-in, I won't do a public release on the .org, as it's inconvenient for the users to edit the NOAA .py file themselves. I get very good feedback from the testers, but setting this type of setup / install is not really a great solution. It works though if you follow the instructions.

I just added some light and water features (screens to come), and then I am writing a better manual. In the coming days, you'll be able to directly get it here in the forum. I really want this to be a hassle free solution in the end, so I think it's ok to keep it in this semi-released state for now.

It will however be incompatible to RTH, there's no way around that.

Keeping better in my brain, from picture to picture :-)

Oh, poor life that of an UNINSTALLER :-/.... Will I have to install XP10 again ?

You motivate me.

-

Looking forward to trying this also. 

I have never been happy with SMP & RWC on their own. I seem to get much smoother results with the tweaked default clouds

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I have added an optional setting to prevent the sky to be reflected in water bodies (usually, even the water reflection setting none will still feature the sky reflection). Yes, it kills all reflections - but in return you get moodier dusk flights in areas with a lot of water.

747-400%20United_3%202.png?raw=1

I adjusted the water color in the Ventura Sky sky color set so daytime settings don't look too shabby either. It's fully optional though and a matter of taste. It does benefit performance and basically eliminates aliasing issues at borders of water colors, at every angle, every time of day.

c400_15.png?raw=1

• Upvote 2

-

Looking good, have pm'ed  you