Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

NOAA plugin effectively corrects some of the default jerky weather effects

Since I decided to test Ventura, I re-installed XP10.50, with just a few Portuguese tiles, W2XP scenery ( Euro mix from Simheaven ) and of course the NOAA plugin.

I am also using SMP and RWC.

My tests at airfields where the METARs were reporting variable and gusting winds show that indeed this great plugin irons out the overdone and very unplausible model

of wind variability and gusts + turbulence as modeled by default XP.

I hadn't noticed that before, probably because I didn't even know it was also capable of doing it, but some of you at one of this threads mentioned the NOAA plugin also changed

the interpretation of the parsed METARs.

Very good!

Together with Ventura, I think i have again found some good joy with XP10, for now :-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

for now :-)

:D

I'm doing a flight from KMIC to KBIS at the moment, and I must say that the combination NOAA + VenturaSky + SMP + RWC gives a really smooth experience. I'm positively surprised.

Winds and the interpolation of wind layers is the critical feature of NOAA that makes so many people use it.

Turbulence is also very nuanced at there's a little shaky bit of air in most of my IFR flights.

:D

I'm doing a flight from KMIC to KBIS at the moment, and I must say that the combination NOAA + VenturaSky + SMP + RWC gives a really smooth experience. I'm positively surprised.

You're in my neck of the woods! I'm in KDLH - why so far from home?

Well, and me who will start to explore India as soon as I get XP coppied to my home PC ?  With the weather becoming interesting in that ( beautiful ) area of the World, Zulfi's scenery, and these new weather enhancers, I'll certainly have a good time :-)

Looking forward for NOAA plugin 2.2.3, and beta 4 of Ventura :-)

Well, and me who will start to explore India as soon as I get XP coppied to my home PC ?  With the weather becoming interesting in that ( beautiful ) area of the World, Zulfi's scenery, and these new weather enhancers, I'll certainly have a good time :-)

Looking forward for NOAA plugin 2.2.3, and beta 4 of Ventura :-)

You want scenery for India then it's better you get HD Mesh Himalayas which covers North India and amazing stuff , my mesh is nothing but mountains and flat land, and the more South you go it looks bad and my mesh is not even close to Andras Mesh.

The HD Mesh covers an amazing area where you can go mountain flying in the Himalayas.  And being up North can have good weather conditions.

There are actually a whole lot of freeware addon airports, of high quality, available for X-Plane 10.

Apart from one or two exceptions, mainly to get some International airports more up-2-date in FSX, I never downloaded freeware scenery stuff for it. I bought a single payware airport for FSX ( Madeira ), and am yet to buy a payware airport for XP10...

Default airports are usually more than enough for me in XP10, specially those in the latest updates and as their airport database becomes updated with even more detailed ones, and contrarily to FSX's world they're usually correctly aligned with present data.

I would really like to have weather better rendered. I will also like to have a more detailed weather model, but the features I ask for aren't modelled in FSX either. Density based also on humidity, effects of wind on rising / sinking air currents and a more detailed model of thermals too...

Regarding scenery, Seasons would be welcomed of course, but I'd rather have proper Sun and Moon placement as you know :-) - that is even more important for me, from a flight simulation perspective, because the effects of Winter weather, and runway contamination, are already modelled, even if not visually rendered the best way....

Complex aircraft already exist too, although I do not own any of it - iXEG 737, the SaaB, apparently also the FF 767. I own the FSLabs C172 and also enjoy it, but I'm more fond of the tubeliner genre... Helicopters are also one of my interests, and of course, gliders....