Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Jetline Systems via network first video

Hi guys,

Just getting started working on the network with Ken from Jetline, there are definitely some growing pains with this setup, would like to get some video from P3D itself but every time I press record in P3D I get no recording.

This is from my camera, even the camera is new... Still trying to figure that out as well.

Here is the video.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Gerard,

You have any issues with either the Client and/or server crashing going from one airport to another, or making small changes here and there... This program seems to be right on the edge of crashing all the time, need to be careful what I do when making changes.

Also, is there a program that will allow recording of the screen, I tried P3D in-house recording program, but I get nothing.

Also note: This is P3D 3.3, Ken said to hold off on 3.4, you have any issues with 3.4 and how did you upgrade, did you just update the client part of P3D or did you reinstall?.

Thanks Gerard

Hi Mike,

My upgrade was just the Client part.

I deleted the p3d.cfg file and let P3D built a new one ( new entries ).

Then I made 5 new ones ( I use batchfiles to make one active )

- Clear + Fair weather

- Overcast

- Overcast with Rain

- Night

- Foggy Night

They have some different settings for :

- AG trees

- AG buildings

- Water

- Cloud shadow distance

- Terrain shadow

- AI aircraft

- HDR

I have no issues after the upgrade.

Perfornce seems the same on my pc, but other claim to have more smoothness.

AS and Fsuipc are both compatibel so I upgraded.

I donot use recording software as I record sith my Iphone.

However, the internal recording feature seems to be improved.

Best regards,

Gerard

Congratulations Mike.  This looks STELLAR.  I'm thrilled you got her running.  I have heard P3D v 3.4.9 is having some memory VAS issues, not sure if that is true or not, but wanted to make you aware it MIGHT be causing your issues.  Very very impressive setup!  I know you have been going through some 'stuff' getting it up and flying.  Glad to see you are about set!

Scott

Mike-

Just saw your updated video from KSEA to KLAX - it is ASTOUNDING and drop-dead beautiful.  I am subbed to your YouTube channel - congratulations, man!

Question:  Can you double-check or do you know if you are running add-on "Wide-View" for the Visuals or are they rendered using ViewGroups in P3D?

Thanks and great job!  Great filming too!

Mike-

Just saw your updated video from KSEA to KLAX - it is ASTOUNDING and drop-dead beautiful. I am subbed to your YouTube channel - congratulations, man!

Question: Can you double-check or do you know if you are running add-on "Wide-View" for the Visuals or are they rendered using ViewGroups in P3D?

Thanks and great job! Great filming too!

Robert, Mike has the Pro Edition of P3D which uses multi channel.

That are seperate views per pc but the Pro Edition "connects" them to one wide view.

Just like view groups can, just like I do with extra undocked views , just like FlyElise does, but with multiple pc's.

The benefit is one view ( monitor ) per pc which gives better performance than 3 monitors per pc.

The only drawback is that each pc needs to have the same scenery and weather textures installed.

And upgrading is always way more expensive.

Robert, Mike has the Pro Edition of P3D which uses multi channel.

That are seperate views per pc but the Pro Edition "connects" them to one wide view.

Just like view groups can, just like I do with extra undocked views , just like FlyElise does, but with multiple pc's.

The benefit is one view ( monitor ) per pc which gives better performance than 3 monitors per pc.

The only drawback is that each pc needs to have the same scenery and weather textures installed.

And upgrading is always way more expensive.

Hi Gerard, 

Yes, I'm aware that he has the Pro version- and I am aware of that version's network capability.  I have read some chatter over on the LM Forums that performance of this new feature (networked views) is very poor, and thus I wondered if his PC vendor (JETLINE SYSTEMS) might have held on to ViewGroups or even the long-in-the-tooth WideView.  I'm suspicious because the clouds in his video do NOT look like the typical ones you see in Active Sky 2016 or Active Sky Next, which is a symptom of WideView.  I was unable to make WideView work satisfactorily back before ViewGroups was released.  I've reached out to Mike and to Ken (over at Jetline) for a definitive answer - no word back yet.  Thanks.

I've reached out to Mike and to Ken (over at Jetline) for a definitive answer - no word back yet. Thanks.

Tell'm they're missed over here. :smile: 

blaustern

Heard back from Mike Swannick he is apparently running WideView, even though he has the Pro license.  I got to thinking maybe that was the case as his weather did not appear to be Active Sky 2016 or Rex...he confirmed he is in fact running WideView.  Dunno what weather he is using.