Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Milestone? Aerofly FS 2 Reaches 10,000 Users

Congrats to the Aerofly Team for reaching 10,000 in sales while receiving excellent user reviews.

http://steamspy.com/app/434030

AF%2010000_zpskdrve4uy.jpg

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I saw this. Actually the numbers have been fluctuating quite strongly and might fall deeply again, who knows, But the positive user reviews are really encouraging indeed.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Steamspy is not all that accurate apparently until you hit higher numbers as Aerofly is doing now, so hopefully the larger sample size will help moderate the apparent volatility.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Anyone seen an update for this?

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Just curious, why owner members fluctuate so much? A lot of people buy it and return it?

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

The developer says that the numbers can be wildly inaccurate when the number of purchasers is below 30,000

I actually posted a chart recently that seemed to indicate that Aerofly may have hit the magic number, and might be more accurate thereafter, but it soon went back to wild fluctuations.

Hi
Creator of SteamSpy here.
It has its limitations, namely free weekends. Anything below 30K is wildly unreliable. And you need at least 3 full days worth of data, so new games are also a bit off.
But it's good enough to research the market. I'm an analyst at my day job and I'm using a lot of really expensive tools (we're talking >10K dollars per year for each). SteamSpy is one of the more accurate ones actually :)

He elaborates further.

It means that any derived numbers are inaccurate, especially playtime and geography. It's unlikely that game with less than 30k owners on SteamSpy has more than 30k owners on Steam itself.

Devons rig

30k x $50 = $1.5M. These guys are earning some good money. Hope they can make faster and better progresses on improving AF2. 

Don't forget they didn't have that much income from AeroflyFS for some years after AeroflyFS1 slowed down and the mobile version was their only product (except the RC version, of course). 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

True. I'm all for these guys to earn more money. As long as they can bring us better Aerofly FS faster, I'm happy to see them earning 10x or even more. 

And also don't forget that all that money doesn't go to their pockets. ;) Bills, debts, investements, loans, wages,Steam's share... creating a sim like this can't be done without spending some serious money first.

Aerofly just needs to call the attention of some well established developer.

A2A comes to my mind as one I would really like to see involved. Giving their attention to detail and the quality of their products, and the fact that they concentrate more on GA, it would be amazing to have their Comanche, C182, T-6 in AEFS2 and I am sure those numbers would rise exponentially.

I also wonder if Aerosoft could easily port their Airbus into AEFS2, specially now that they have a strong competitor for the FSX / P3D platforms....

But I heard that Lionheart Creations is already working on AEFS2 ( ? )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Good things come to those who wait. 

Devons rig