Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Kinetic Cooler!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Lets hope it's as efficient and quiet as they say, once Coolermatser have it in production.

Heat sink and fan combined, why add a fan when you can spin the entire heat-sink. Quite inspired actually.

Looking forward to seeing some reviews and comparisons to traditional heat sink and fan coolers.

The Phonomic Hex 2 is an interesting cooler.

A conventional air cooler but with the addition of a TEC. [Thermometric cooler]

As always condensation is an issue with a TEC, so software is included with that in mind and stops the base becoming too cold.

It's not an awesome cooler, won't compete with the best AIO or tower air coolers, but nice that new tech is being tried.

At the moment, this guy matches the smaller 120 rad AIO's. Will be very interesting when they release a bigger cooler that will challenge the best.

Me too, think it will be a while yet, as it's still a prototype.

It's just gone into production by Thermaltake - http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002957. Not sure what happened to the deal with CoolerMaster. It's designed for a 1U server chasis and it's only rated for 70W TDP (i7-4790K is rated at 88W TDP, i7-6700k is rated at 91W TDP, both at base frequency).

It's just gone into production by Thermaltake - http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002957. Not sure what happened to the deal with CoolerMaster. It's designed for a 1U server chasis and it's only rated for 70W TDP (i7-4790K is rated at 88W TDP, i7-6700k is rated at 91W TDP, both at base frequency).

Oh right! Thanks for that.  :smile:

Looks like they need to make a beefier version for enthusiasts,

It's a start though, hopefully they have a higher performing version in mind.