Sign in to follow this  
rlw9sr

Installation/Win7/BlankDisplay [solved]

I downloaded the GNS750 today and installed it.  The GNS is a gray screen;  in the lower left corner  is GTN_750_1.  The

screen responds from a cursor to a hand--it is however entirely blank.  I have updated the graphics driver.  I do have

installed the F1 GTN for P3D.  Perhaps it's a conflict with the trainer.   As stated in the documentation, the GTN Trainer prevents the installation of another Trainer.  I've defined the environmental variables to point to the Trainer--same result.  How can I install the RXP Trainer without uninstalling the F1 Trainer?  How can I keep both Trainers?--Thanks,

Robert

P.S. Any other suggestions would be appreciated

Hi,

can you please post the content of your rxpGtnSim.dll.log and rxpGtn.xpl.log files located in your "my documents" folder?

also, can you cross check your anti-virus program log files in case it has detected a false-positive on our files?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Looks like a Trainer Problem--Here you go,

16/10/16 23:43:13.975 05016 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.2.1.0
16/10/16 23:43:17.245 05016 INFO ] using GTNSIMDATA = "c:\programdata\garmin\gtn trainer"
16/10/16 23:43:17.250 05016 INFO ] using GTNSIMPATH = "c:\program files (x86)\garmin\gtn trainer lite\gtn\sys\sim"

16/10/16 23:43:16.910 05016 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.2.1.0
16/10/16 23:43:55.325 05016 WARN ] not a valid path: c:\program files (x86)\garmin\gtn trainer lite\gtn\sys\sim
16/10/16 23:43:55.350 05016 WARN ] unknown version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GTN Trainer Lite\GTN\sys\sim
16/10/16 23:43:55.350 05016 WARN ] GTN Simulator.exe: ab156a28
16/10/16 23:43:55.350 05016 WARN ] KRNLSIM.DLL: 3175a67a
16/10/16 23:43:55.350 05016 WARN ] CDP.DLL: 4447a548
16/10/16 23:43:55.350 05016 WARN ] IOP_SIM.DLL: cfc53ac5
16/10/16 23:43:55.355 05016 WARN ] IOP_B.DLL: 466dde7a
16/10/16 23:43:55.430 05016 WARN ] can't find trainer installer path

Well it looks like you have not installed the right Trainer!

Just make sure to install the trainer that is downloaded with the RXP GTN Touch.

Should you need to install 2 different Trainers, please make sure to review the RXP GTN Touch manual for a step by step procedure.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks--I did review the manual, but even with a renaming of the directories it will NOT install the RXP Trainer.

(The installer msg is--Another version of this product is already installed--).  If I uninstall the Trainer, I will lose the functionality of the F1 for P3D--

Robert

This is not a problem and this is very easy: like mentioned in the manual, you just have to install the correct trainer. Once done, you can move/rename the indicated folders to your liking. Then and only then, you can proceed to reinstall the old trainer: the folders you have renamed, because you have renamed them, won't be deleted by the uninstaller!

But do you really have to install 2 trainers now, because I was under the impression the other product you are referring to is supposed to work with our trainer version?

OK--I have an earlier version of the trainer for the F1 software.  I will uninstall and let you know--Thanks again--

Robert

I'm having the grey box problem too. I have the flight 1 gtn for prepar3d. Trying to work through what was posted above

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

This is not a problem and this is very easy: like mentioned in the manual, you just have to install the correct trainer. Once done, you can move/rename the indicated folders to your liking. Then and only then, you can proceed to reinstall the old trainer: the folders you have renamed, because you have renamed them, won't be deleted by the uninstaller!

Can you please confirm you have read and understood the relevant chapter in the Reality XP GTN User's Manual?

Can you please confirm you have read and understood the relevant chapter in the Reality XP GTN User's Manual?

I figured it out. I had to uninstall the garmin trainer and reinstall using the installer provided with the gtn software. I haven't checked to see if my prepar 750 still works but if this continues to work that won't matter!

Works great with xp10, xp11 crashes when I try to open it (I know it isn't supported yet but I tried) I didn't have the expectation it would work yet. 

Thank you

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

On 1/5/2017 at 8:15 AM, golfpilot said:

I figured it out. I had to uninstall the garmin trainer and reinstall using the installer provided with the gtn software. I haven't checked to see if my prepar 750 still works but if this continues to work that won't matter!

Works great with xp10, xp11 crashes when I try to open it (I know it isn't supported yet but I tried) I didn't have the expectation it would work yet. 

Thank you

What happened to your P3D install of GTN, did it still work?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3