Sign in to follow this  
adamgd

GPS is not controlling the HSI

Well I know that this simulator has been out of production for a long time but I still use it because I have spent a lot of money on add on stuff that I like use. One of the most recent additions was the Reality 430 GPS. I got it installed without much trouble but I found out that it will not control the HSI on a few of the planes that I have installed such as the Carenado Cessna 210 and Cessna 337. The GPS functions just like it should with the Reality GPS controlling com/nav 1 radio frequencies including the source for eather VLOC/GPS of the GPS but the CDI will simply not follow the flight plan of the Reality GPS. I have tried several times to use the GPS configuration tool and I even reinstalled the aircraft in question but it still will not work.

One thing that is interesting is that I have other aircraft from Caenado that are older that I have no problem at all using the GPS.

If anyone has the same aircraft and had this problem and fixed it I like to hear what you did to fix it. I emailed Carenado about it and they said they where working on a fix for their aircraft but the patch will only be for FSX/P3D.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Which version of FS are you using here?

Are you talking about FS9?

My C337 in FSX requires a GNS530, not 430.. not sure what you are experiencing..

Do you have more than one GPS unit in the airplane?

Mouse over the GNS430 memory card slot with Tooltips enabled.

It will tell you the "active navigation device".

You can toggle it by right-clicking on the memory card slot.